The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

DM is really into this!

12 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

For those who are watching Cascades for the first time, be prepared for a very weird juxtaposition of Shosty 10 with some singing. If you approach it with an open mind, you'll be blown away with how well it actually works. 

I think this is what has impressed me most about the Cascades the past few seasons. The staff just seems to make stuff like this work in unexpected ways.  They have been consistently designing the types of shows that more seasoned folks can enjoy, but can lead to younger audiences saying "I love that, I want to march there one day," and that is going to play into their future success in a big way.  I can see a lot of younger folks watching their shows and having them sway them towards marching with the Cascades.

They've also been incredibly smart about not designing a product that is out of reach for their continually maturing membership.  At NO point do I watch them and think "wow, maybe they should water this stuff down..."  They may not place super high competitively because of the content, but they come across as a much more mature corps because of their achievement levels in a show that is well designed and well within reach for them to achieve at that level.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DasTuba said:

OH MY GOODNESS! THAT'S A VOCALIST!!!! Turn her up please!!!! Fabulous!

Wow, I saw this live and totally missed her!

• Like 1

Yeah, this works!  It's surprising like the Jupiter/Black Hole Sun mash up but really comes off well. 

• Like 2

Wait, that vocalist was LIVE? For the longest time I thought that was just prerecorded Sia singing! We officially have a new winner for best live vocalist of 2017!

• Like 9

Just now, crownisking said:

Wow, I saw this live and totally missed her!

This is a rare situation where I'm actually going to say turn the volume up on her mic, wow!

• Like 3

Stupid electronics. I hear all the soloists coming from the speakers around the 40. Then I have to hunt around to find the actual musician.