Let's talk about the Mandarins

I know they are the little corp from Sacramento always in the shadows of BD and SCV. But they are knocking on the top 12 door.  I just find that amazing with this competive season. To be honest I didn't even expect this at all. 

• Like 4

Yes, let's! Not kidding when I say I'm looking forward to seeing Mandarins in Allentown as much as I am BD! Nothing against Madison, but OMG, Mandarins making finals would just make my August :inlove:

• Like 5

Mandarins has really made a huge step forward this year. The staff has really taken their development to a whole new level with a more mature sound, look and feel. Can't wait to see them in Texas!

• Like 1

There has already been at least one thread about them making finals.  Yes, we should be talking about them - a lot.  This show has everything and everyone who sees it recognizes that fact!  

I think this is just California's year in all respects!

• Like 1

Can't imagine why they would! 

Success isn't a stranger to this corps... lest we forget their SEVEN world championship titles in A-60 / DIII and their one world championship in DII. 

One of those championship years (92 I think) they won DIII, came 4th in DII and placed 26th in WOrld Class... Oh, did I mention they only had like 12 horns? An absolutely amazing corps!

Edited by Cainan
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Cainan said:

One of those championship years (92 I think) they won DIII, came 4th in DII and placed 26th in WOrld Class... Oh, did I mention they only had like 12 horns? An absolutely amazing corps!

10 horns! Also, 10 battery, 10 guard, 7 pit, and 1 DM.

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, brassboy said:

10 horns! Also, 10 battery, 10 guard, 7 pit, and 1 DM.

10 horns... All the more amazing. 

I stand corrected. As a Freelancers alumni, I hope with all I have that Mandarins make finals. Freelancers and Mandarins were very close back in the day. We used to come to attention for each other at retreat and I specifically remember Mandarins in the stands on multiple occasions shouting the Freelancers famous "Andele Andele!!" All I can say is...

Hey Mandarins....

PLAY BALL!!!!

• Like 7

They certainly are one of the great drum corps stories of this summer.  It would be so cool to see them in Finals!!!

• Like 4