Let's talk about the Mandarins

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

10 horns! Also, 10 battery, 10 guard, 7 pit, and 1 DM.

I remember those years... they would out-design and out-perform corps twice their size on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Just watched Denver again... 

OMG I love this show so much! It is engaging for the entire length of the show and 8:50 onwards is boss!

• Like 1

Last year, I believe I was the first person to predict that The Academy would make finals.  I made another bold prediction this year: Mandarins will make finals.  It won't be an easy path, but I think it can and should happen.  I hope I am correct!

They are adding so many layers into the show - and the guard, oh my heavens.  They keep increasing the difficulty of the work!  

This isn't out of the blue - Mandarins has been on a slow and steady pace of progress for the past 4-5 years.  They have a very large, supportive group of volunteers in the Sacramento area.  Outside the top 4-5 corps, they are probably one of the most financially secure corps out there.  They have a long history and it is great that the new group of members not only learn about it, but are honored to carry it forward.

Keep pushing, Mandarins - you have so many people rooting for you!!

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I wish that coulda been a surprise tomorrow night (I blame that on me) but awesome!   

I was thinking the same thing--that could've been a really cool new reveal tomorrow (or even at San Antonio). But I guess it'll still be a mystery how they reveal it during the show. I can't imagine that'll be there prior to this closing moment of the show as their drill there frames it perfectly. 

On 7/18/2017 at 2:23 AM, Cainan said:

Success isn't a stranger to this corps... lest we forget their SEVEN world championship titles in A-60 / DIII and their one world championship in DII. 

One of those championship years (92 I think) they won DIII, came 4th in DII and placed 26th in WOrld Class... Oh, did I mention they only had like 12 horns? An absolutely amazing corps!

Yes they have been successful in the lower ranks ..BUT this is a new ballgame for them. I really hope they make finals this year. If not then what an amazing season and hopefully they will build on this.

• Like 2

Just now, soccerguy315 said:

sitting in 12th now it looks like...

Yes!!! Loving this!! West coast stand up!! Keep pushin Mandarins!!!

• Like 2