This Week

Well the week everyone has been waiting for is finally here. I'm sure we will have a bit of a clearer picture what the rest of the summer will look like by the end of this week. Thankful I get to be a part of some of it!  Super excited to be down front for the Bentonville show Monday night. Can't wait to hear that Crown brass from the second row. Anxious to see The Academy for the first, and only, time this year and to see the reinvented BAC. Looking forward to Bones again. Saw them at LOS and loved their show. Then on to Broken Arrow for Tuesday's TOC from about 2/3's up on about the 40...right about the blast zone for a certain trumpet feature I can't wait to see live! Should be a revealing night with everyone's perceived top 4 slugging it out for the first time. I am by no means a pro at figuring out the judging, or the politics, but I do know that for an old trumpet (and soprano, how's that for dating myself) dude that is getting his feet wet again in drum corps I feel like a kid in the candy store looking forward to this week.

• Like 5

I feel it too...super excited for the Texas run this week, get to see my two MMs for the first time since move ins!

Getting to enjoy this activity all over again as a parent.  When I marched my contra had one valve and one rotor - how's that for dating myself!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Northern Thunder said:

And....it was still called a contra.:12_slight_smile:

I was about to say the same thing...lol!

• Like 1

I can't imagine what it must have been like to have marched in those earlier days - with all the restrictions - and then to have a kid in modern drum corps that is fast becoming 'anything goes'.  WOW!

2 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I feel it too...super excited for the Texas run this week, get to see my two MMs for the first time since move ins!

Getting to enjoy this activity all over again as a parent.  When I marched my contra had one valve and one rotor - how's that for dating myself!

Never played anything but an Olds ultratone v/r in junior corps. 

3 hours ago, WaxDCIFan said:

When I marched my contra had one valve and one rotor - how's that for dating myself!

When I marched, I usually tried to date someone in the color guard. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

And....it was still called a contra.:12_slight_smile:

Bluecoats still refer to it as a C-bass!

3 hours ago, Corpfan said:

Well the week everyone has been waiting for is finally here. I'm sure we will have a bit of a clearer picture what the rest of the summer will look like by the end of this week.

And Game of Thrones returns!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And Game of Thrones returns!

Just got a new TV to watch GOT and Drum Corps. It's gonna be a good week.

• Like 2