A Popcorn Eater's View Halfway into the Season...

Blue Devils- Only seen them on Flo, not live yet. Love their show. Love their excellence. Unsure how they'll generate the highest GE score, but perhaps they won't need it to win. 

Bluecoats - Saw them live in Indy on opening day...and on Flo a couple of times since. Love the show. It's NOT last year's show to me, but why should it be? They are very entertaining, their horn line sounds great...the GE is there...I have them pegged at least top 2. 

Crown - Love the horn line ( duh). Gonna sound like a broken record to a million other posters, but there's simply too much singing in this show. And yet, everything else is executed so well that they are definitely in the medal hunt if not more. 

Santa Clara - Love it , love it, love it. Haven't seen them live yet...can't wait to get to San Antonio to do just that. Clearly a medal contender. 

Cadets - I've seen Cadets live twice...on opening night and last Wednesday night in Atlanta. Of course their brass line is top tier. I just feel ( and this will really truly come off as PopCornEater-ish as it sounds ) that there's just not enough "audience moments" in the show for the general popcorn eater corps fan to respond to. I noticed their director on the track appropriately pumping up his corps at certain moments in the show by visibly clapping his hands, etc. and then turned to look at the audience all sitting on theirs. All of that said, the Cadets have been a favorite of mine for a long time, and I know they are agile enough to keep modifying the show. 

Boston Crusaders - I LOVE their show! Engaging theme...lots to LOOK at as a "Popcorn Eater" ...people getting hanged, people getting burned. But the one thing I LOVE the most about this show is the "Wicked Game" female vocal at the beginning. So well done...pitch perfect...sultry...mysterious. Sets the table really well for an engaging show. And if volume matters to you, they peeled the paint off the pressbox in Atlanta. 

Colts - Saw them live in Atlanta, REALLY liked this show, too...If i'm not mistaken that open music line was the "background" music from the movie "We Are Marshall" ...their use of electronics, voice overs, music clips, etc. was well done. 

Cavaliers - I have to recuse myself. My son is a CAVALIER and I'm a FREAKING PROUD DAD! That said, I like this production better than Propaganda from 2016.  I'm looking forward to Broken Arrow to get alot of these corps on the field at the same time, followed by our impromptu trip to San Antonio to see the same. I also look forward to the Atlanta Regional when I will have the chance to serve the Corps with 16 ounce hand grenades of cold gatorade again. Ever want to feel appreciated? Take a drum corps a supply of gatorade when it's 100 degrees in the shade and just watch their faces. 

I know this summer is becoming a life changing one for my son...regardless of placement in Indy in a month. And it's been an energizer for my wife and myself as well. 

Have I mentioned lately that I love Drum Corps? 

Edited by PopcornEater1963
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Blue Devils- Only seen them on Flo, not live yet. Love their show. Love their excellence. Unsure how they'll generate the highest GE score, but perhaps they won't need it to win. 

Blue Coats - Saw them live in Indy on opening day...and on Flo a couple of times since. Love the show. It's NOT last year's show to me, but why should it be? They are very entertaining, their horn line sounds great...the GE is there...I have them pegged at least top 2. 

Crown - Love the horn line ( duh). Gonna sound like a broken record to a million other posters, but there's simply too much singing in this show. And yet, everything else is executed so well that they are definitely in the medal hunt if not more. 

Santa Clara - Love it , love it, love it. Haven't seen them live yet...can't wait to get to San Antonio to do just that. Clearly a medal contender. 

Cadets - I've seen Cadets live twice...on opening night and last Wednesday night in Atlanta. Of course their brass line is top tier. I just feel ( and this will really truly come off as PopCornEater-ish as it sounds ) that there's just not enough "audience moments" in the show for the general popcorn eater corps fan to respond to. I noticed their director on the track appropriately pumping up his corps at certain moments in the show by visibly clapping his hands, etc. and then turned to look at the audience all sitting on theirs. All of that said, the Cadets have been a favorite of mine for a long time, and I know they are agile enough to keep modifying the show. 

Boston Crusaders - I LOVE their show! Engaging theme...lots to LOOK at as a "Popcorn Eater" ...people getting hanged, people getting burned. But the one thing I LOVE the most about this show is the "Wicked Game" female vocal at the beginning. So well done...pitch perfect...sultry...mysterious. Sets the table really well for an engaging show. And if volume matters to you, they peeled the paint off the pressbox in Atlanta. 

Colts - Saw them live in Atlanta, REALLY liked this show, too...If i'm not mistaken that open music line was the "background" music from the movie "We Are Marshall" ...their use of electronics, voice overs, music clips, etc. was well done. 

Cavaliers - I have to recuse myself. My son is a CAVALIER and I'm a FREAKING PROUD DAD! That said, I like this production better than Propaganda from 2016.  I'm looking forward to Broken Arrow to get alot of these corps on the field at the same time, followed by our impromptu trip to San Antonio to see the same. I also look forward to the Atlanta Regional when I will have the chance to serve the Corps with 16 ounce hand grenades of cold gatorade again. Ever want to feel appreciated? Take a drum corps a supply of gatorade when it's 100 degrees in the shade and just watch their faces. 

I know this summer is becoming a life changing one for my son...regardless of placement in Indy in a month. And it's been an energizer for my wife and myself as well. 

Have I mentioned lately that I love Drum Corps? 

Glad you love drumcorp. It's a great activity to love. ❤️

• Like 1