BD/Bloo Re-Match and other corps

Show-down at El Dorado.  Who will it be?

LINEUP & TIMES

All times local venue and subject to change.

10:00 a.m. Box Office Opens
7:00 p.m. Welcome & National Anthem
7:15 p.m. Oregon Crusaders - Portland, OR
7:32 p.m. Pacific Crest - Diamond Bar, CA
7:49 p.m. Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
8:06 p.m. Intermission
8:23 p.m. Blue Knights - Denver, CO
8:40 p.m. Blue Devils - Concord, CA
8:57 p.m. Bluecoats - Canton, OH

I think you have to be careful assuming scores from different contests with totally different sets of judges can be considered equivalent. There are too many variables.

While it appears DCI judging calibrates scoring - you can see how scores have risen historically during every season - you cannot rely on scores from disparate judging panels translating perfectly.   Head to head competition is the only true assessment of where corps stand in relation to one another.  In addition, the actual performance levels matter a lot.  If a corps had a particularly tough travel day, hard rehearsal schedule, made changes to its show, etc. etc. those factors all play into the mix.  

One thing is for sure.  Once we get down the home stretch, with consecutive head to head match ups, we will get the real placements and scores.

Since numerous prognosticators have predicted a BD championship at Finals, I think I'm more interested in the Corps who perform before intermission than afterwards. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Since numerous prognosticators have predicted a BD championship at Finals, I think I'm more interested in the Corps who perform before intermission than afterwards. 

I agree that the level of competition in the 6 - 12 range, and even the 13 to 20 range is really wonderful this year. But I still believe Bluecoats, SCV, and maybe Crown will have something to say about the Championship. Yes, to me, it's Blue Devils all the way. As much as I want to see Bluecoats repeat (and I still think they can) I just happen to believe this Blue Devils corps is the corps to beat. With the exception of 2015, 2014, and 2010 I have typically not found BD shows to be loaded in GE.  Granted I have loved many others for different reasons.  But this 2017 show is chalk-a-block full of GE with the potential for more.  Of course, I feel this way about Bluecoats GE.  

• Like 1

another thread title Donovan and geeks don't like. I guess if you don't buy his product, you don't rate.Nowhere has he posted rules or protocols differing this season from previous ones.

As OP this too can be merged with the much later El Dorado thread which they drumscorpsed.

Edited by xandandl

48 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I agree that the level of competition in the 6 - 12 range, and even the 13 to 20 range is really wonderful this year. But I still believe Bluecoats, SCV, and maybe Crown will have something to say about the Championship. Yes, to me, it's Blue Devils all the way. As much as I want to see Bluecoats repeat (and I still think they can) I just happen to believe this Blue Devils corps is the corps to beat. With the exception of 2015, 2014, and 2010 I have typically not found BD shows to be loaded in GE.  Granted I have loved many others for different reasons.  But this 2017 show is chalk-a-block full of GE with the potential for more.  Of course, I feel this way about Bluecoats GE.  

I feel the same way, except I want Vanguard to win it all. I do think BD is the corps to beat this year.