Question about Winston-Salem/BB&T stadium

Does anyone know what the stadium seats are like? Do they have arms and backs like the now defunct Georgia Dome, or are they just long metal bleachers?

We're trying to decide whether we need to bring stadium seats or not and was hoping someone on here might have been in that stadium already. I know they have the clear bag policy, but I couldn't find anywhere on their website that described the seats.

Thanks in advance!

36 minutes ago, MingoLeger said:

Does anyone know what the stadium seats are like? Do they have arms and backs like the now defunct Georgia Dome, or are they just long metal bleachers?

We're trying to decide whether we need to bring stadium seats or not and was hoping someone on here might have been in that stadium already. I know they have the clear bag policy, but I couldn't find anywhere on their website that described the seats.

Thanks in advance!

Depends where you sit.   The middle sections have seat back - nice.  The others are bleacher style.   As for bringing stadium seats, bring seat cushions instead.    The rows are  little tight and those directly behind someone with fold up stadium seats may get a little crunched.  I've rarely sat behind someone with stadium seats where my leg room hasn't been compromised.    Personally, I think stadiums should only allow cushions out of consideration for all fans.   

• Like 2

i went to the show two years ago and sat in an aisle seat on the bottom row on the 40.  The seat was fairly comfortable with a back on it.  I don't remember whether or not there was arm rests. The thing I remember the most though was how very tight the rows are.  Granted, I am 6' and about 280, but my knees rested on the  rail in front of me.  I am so glad I didn't sit in the middle of the section--it would have been real uncomfortable.  I am going again this year and taking an aisle seat again.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SuncoastCrown said:

i went to the show two years ago and sat in an aisle seat on the bottom row on the 40.  The seat was fairly comfortable with a back on it.  I don't remember whether or not there was arm rests. The thing I remember the most though was how very tight the rows are.  Granted, I am 6' and about 280, but my knees rested on the  rail in front of me.  I am so glad I didn't sit in the middle of the section--it would have been real uncomfortable.  I am going again this year and taking an aisle seat again.

No arm rests.  But I'll see you all there!  It's a very nice venue and well run show, IMHO. Hopefully no rainout this year!

• Like 4

Take the seats.  The backs of those seats are usually vertical, so it allows you to sit comfortably and not have to lean forward because of Andre The Giant behind you. Your not stealing any of their space.  If they complain, tell them for health reasons, you need to sit upright.  

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 2:37 PM, dcsnare93 said:

Looks like it's mostly metal bleachers outside the 30, and was last renovated in 2011.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/BB-and-T+Field/

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/large-photo/50732/BB-and-T+Field/section-12/row-Bbb/seat-7/

This helps tremendously! We're in the middle section 5 right off the 50 so it looks like we will have the nice seats. Thanks so much for this!

3 minutes ago, martin84 said:

Here's a link that addresses the clear bag policy, seat cushions etc.

http://www.carolinacrown.org/index.php/venue-information/clear-bag-policy

I did see that. Thanks! I was just going to avoid even bringing a cushion if I didn't have to. I like to travel as light as possible. :14_relaxed: