Question about Winston-Salem/BB&T stadium

10 minutes ago, c.l. said:

The good part about the stadium is it's Wake Forest U's and they have hefty pockets that can provide good parking right next to the stadium.

That's good to know too. I have a handicap tag on my car so I figured I wouldn't have a parking issue, but in case they are all taken, at least there will still be parking close by. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Despite the tag, get there early.  As for stadium seats, I strongly suggest cushions (I use a beach towel).  Space between rows is tight and those straight back seats do invade space for everyone around you.  I don't know why the seats are so narrow.  It's not like Wake ever sells out a football.  Although most WFU fans/alumni tend to have skinny #####.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lameisrob said:

Despite the tag, get there early.  As for stadium seats, I strongly suggest cushions (I use a beach towel).  Space between rows is tight and those straight back seats do invade space for everyone around you.  I don't know why the seats are so narrow.  It's not like Wake ever sells out a football.  Although most WFU fans/alumni tend to have skinny #####.

Oh arriving early to a drum corps contest is routine for us - even when we took the MARTA in ATL and didn't have to worry about parking. Gotta allow plenty of time at the souvie stands! :25_money_mouth:

• Like 1

The accoustics at BB&T StadIum is outstanding.  One of my favorite venues.  The crowd this year will be a record for Crown.  Pushing 12,000 fans in the stands.  This promises to be one of the largest shows on this year's schedule.   Get there early!!!

PS - And, please, Mother Nature, no rain this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

The stadium is very, very nice. It hosts a BOA regional in the fall as well. I've marched on the field, too, and it's really nice from down there as well.

Edited by cube
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

The accoustics at BB&T StadIum is outstanding.  One of my favorite venues.  The crowd this year will be a record for Crown.  Pushing 12,000 fans in the stands.  This promises to be one of the largest shows on this year's schedule.   Get there early!!!

PS - And, please, Mother Nature, no rain this year!!!!!!!!!!!!

From your lips to Mother Nature's ears!

• Like 2