TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

I like the concept of BK's uniforms, but I don't think they are as effective as they should be in practice.  Too much white.  The different colors aren't coming across very well (at least they aren't on flo's crappy stream ... maybe they work better live).

Any thoughts on the lack of head coverings? (Other than Bloo's bowler hats)?

I love the visibility of performer's faces and their ability to communicate better with the audience, but I feel like you can really see how young the performers are (I'm old... so that's not hard to understand).  I feel like Phantom automatically looks more mature with those helmets on.

Just curious what your thoughts are!

• Like 5

Just now, Mycroft said:

There were changes from DATR show and WOW...they played their music MUCH better.  (and it was ###### good at DATR)

Their show is better than Cadets.

I love the Cadets, don't get me wrong. And I like the first half of the show, even, but... Compared to everyone else, the design is... Ouchie.

• Like 3

Pit working furiously to finish having had to wait on BK to get out.  

Edited by KVG_DC

It just always feels like Blue Knights starts with the music, moves to arrangements, and then tries to figure out something for the guard to do...and then adds some props for them to carry around or flip over. There is no excuse for this from an organization as well managed as this one. Take a look at Boston and Academy and see how visual design can make your show work.

i keep wanting Knights to step into the elite level. They just aren't going to ever get there with the way they insist on approaching show design.

• Like 4

Just now, rrunyon1 said:

Blue Knights may not beat the other competition but I think they feel like they are most comfortable in their skins. It seems members really like this show. 

I've gotten that impression from them over the last few years.  It is great to have succes in terms of placements, but I think the members and staff are also just really excited to be doing something unique and awesome that is unlike anyone else.  I think it is a great strategy for them, and will only make them better by attracting more experienced members who want to be a part of what they are doing,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sooze said:

Any thoughts on the lack of head coverings? (Other than Bloo's bowler hats)?

I love the visibility of performer's faces and their ability to communicate better with the audience, but I feel like you can really see how young the performers are (I'm old... so that's not hard to understand).  I feel like Phantom automatically looks more mature with those helmets on.

Just curious what your thoughts are!

100% agree about the maturity of the corps with the helmets