TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Well visually they looked fantastic to me. Think they are 4th in guard tonight, but their drill is #### clean. Cleanest tonight for sure, IMO.

Agree. It's not just pretty clean drill but also very difficult drill -- and lots of it. They will get cleaner than this, but I was impressed. Just have to be honest about it. Sadly it's so difficult to compare them to BD, SCV, and Bloo who went on much earlier. 

Just now, Sandonovan said:

Spinning tenors. We're in 2017 with spinning rifles, they're in 2047 with the spinning tenors! :laughing:

Check out Aimachi indoor from a couple years ago.  

9 minutes ago, drummer5485 said:

I never get this saying.  I understand the source music (I know Andy too) and LOVE this piece...but if I wanted to hear the source music and someone singing I would listen to a recording of the original.  I listen to drum corps to hear different interpretations of it made with brass and percussion (yes and synths now).  I have nothing against vocals in drum corps, I just don't like this argument.

People complain because its too close to the source material then they complain that its too different than the source material. Rule #1 of DCP, nobody is happy

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

BEST OPENER OF THE WHOLE YEAR!!!!!

How would any of us know? BD and SCV were running silent drill tonight...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Cavies are just one huge Brogasm this year aren't they? 

Just?  I think they're a bit more than just that.

Just now, ContraFart said:

People complain because its too close to the source material then they complain that its too different than the source material. Rule #1 of DCP, nobody is happy

Yea, that's pretty much the only rule on here...