TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

2 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Agree. That snare book is insane in some parts and I haven't heard it clean once so far. It won't most likely get watered, so hoping they clean it up.

BD has put up some shaky achievement scores in the past couple seasons in percussion, but that fifth place in content has to be a concern. Interesting to see if that's an anomaly or a trend. 

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

I feel BD's guard writing is just above and beyond everyone else's, and they are not near executing it at top form yet. As strong as SCV's guard is, they don't have the range of personality or diversity of vocabulary that BD displays. 

How so? I think SCV's guard adds more to their show than BD's. But, BDs guard is so amazing from an execution standpoint. You can just see how confident they are (Vanguard too actually).

1 minute ago, mboogey73 said:

BD has put up some shaky achievement scores in the past couple seasons in percussion, but that fifth place in content has to be a concern. Interesting to see if that's an anomaly or a trend. 

Indeed.

2 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I feel BD's guard writing is just above and beyond everyone else's, and they are not near executing it at top form yet. As strong as SCV's guard is, they don't have the range of personality or diversity of vocabulary that BD displays. 

Funny you say that since SCV actually won the Substance subcaption in guard tonight over BD.

• Like 4

I now feel like the ballad is going to cost Bluecoats. I get what they are going for but it just doesn't deliver. In a race this tight, with three othe legit contenders, you can't be so so in your ballad.

i am so discouraged with Flo. Was really hoping to get some conclusive thoughts on music tonight. What a waste. Esp that we missed the first third of BD, most notably their ballad. 

• Like 2

BD's percussion has to step it up or they won't be holding on to their lead for long. The last corps to get 5th in percussion and win was crown in 2013 and they needed a perfect brass score to offset it...

They don't have to crack into the top 3 necessarily but they should bring their score within at least .4 and then their music anal should also go up

posted from the DrumScorps app

5 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Crown wins brass and overall music. And how about their percussion...3rd in content and 2nd in achievement. 

I noticed they were improved at NKY, but didn't have any of the top percussion sections to compare them to. Glad to see that they're competing with the big boys now. :inlove:

1 minute ago, mboogey73 said:

Did they age out many in the percussion section?

Edited by Ghost