TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

6 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

Is TOC still judged differently? I know that was the case a few years ago, but honestly I don't think anyone could figure it out then either

No, I don't think so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brassboy said:

Why was the Denver feed sound so much better than every other stream I've watched on Flo so far? What was different?

I was at the Denver show, it looked like they had 2 dedicated mikes just for the front speakers, and the 3 overhead mics. Those 3 mics had some good height to them too. I'm thinking that might have helped the mix some.

• Like 2

I don't know that I've ever seen a year where there are four legit corps that have a shot at winning. I foresee BD holding this lead until we get to Atlanta, with all four corps staying within a point of each other. I think two or three will begin to pull away come August and then the dog fight will begin. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

But their guard is still down some.

It's a building year for them. At least the drops are happening less and less. The staff is definitely noticing what's going on and pointing it out. The line that sticks out to me most from them was said during rehearsal for NKY. "The drops need to stop now. There's no rhyme or reason for them anymore. You're not just letting yourselves down, you're disappointing everyone else too."

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I don't know that I've ever seen a year where there are four legit corps that have a shot at winning. I foresee BD holding this lead until we get to Atlanta, with all four corps staying within a point of each other. I think two will begin to pull away coke August and then the dog fight will begin. 

Agreed. And those two will be BD and SCV.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, brassboy said:

Why was the Denver feed sound so much better than every other stream I've watched on Flo so far? What was different?

Sorry. It had to be because I finally caved and bought a subscription. This was my first experience with Flo.  I don't think I will ever be the same as a result.  

• Like 3

I don't understand a lot of these scores. Even discounting where I disagree on certain specific subcaptions, there are certain ways that subcaptions interplay with each other that would suggest disagreement between judges tonight.