TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

2 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I'm never interested in scores only placements and spreads - they tell the truth. But it's okay to agree to disagree. 

And that lead over SCV has dwindled sir which could CHANGE that placement.....

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

I'm not interested in scores, placements and spreads - tell the truth. Different opinions won't change the results. 

I trhink that's correct. 

3 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I'm fully aware of that, but my opinion still stands. SCV is definitely executing better than BD at this point, and that increased clarity can help content scores as well.

SCV has the most consistent, most cohesive, and most balanced show on tour. It's a little cool emotionally, but they really don't have a weakness. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StarVoyager said:

And that lead over SCV has dwindled sir which could CHANGE that placement.....

IMO different opinions (judges) won't change the final results. 

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I don't know that I've ever seen a year where there are four legit corps that have a shot at winning. I foresee BD holding this lead until we get to Atlanta, with all four corps staying within a point of each other. I think two will begin to pull away coke August and then the dog fight will begin. 

Maybe 2008? Over the course of the season, the eventual champion, Phantom Regiment, lost to Blue Devils (finished second), Cavaliers (finished third), and Carolina Crown (finished fourth). BD was undefeated until Allentown, when Cavs beat them on the same night and Phantom had a better score the next night--and it's supposed to be treated as one regional with the same judges, so that ought to count. Crown never beat Cavs or BD, but they were just .25 back of BD at Allentown (again, on different nights).

Or 1980? In finals, just 0.8 separated first place from fourth. However, the champion, BD, had lost only to one other corps, the finals runner-up, 27th Lancers, earlier in the season, never being bested by the eventual third-place Bridgemen or fourth-place Spirit of Atlanta (fyi Spirit had been third in prelims).

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

SCV has the most consistent, most cohesive, and most balanced show on tour. It's a little cool emotionally, but they really don't have a weakness. 

Agree 100%. And the show is very fan friendly. IMO they use those giant props better than anyone else this year. That show deserves to win.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

How so? I think SCV's guard adds more to their show than BD's. But, BDs guard is so amazing from an execution standpoint. You can just see how confident they are (Vanguard too actually).

The SCV guard adds tremendously to their show as a technical part of the integrated design (much like 2000's Cavaliers). Impacts are provided exactly where needed in the overall composition. It's a dazzling package, but a bit dry on the emotional side.

What BD's guard provides is massive quantities of personality and joy of performance to their show. The writing is so expressive and they sell it to the audience so well that I think it helps explain the various moods of the production, which ultimately gives GE a big boost. So in that way, they may make a more cruicial contribution, largely because the overall BD show is more free form than precise.

I really don't think the BD guard is executing that well yet. This one was they best they have been, and they didn't drop tons like they have been, but there is still a lot of fuzz to clean.

Edited by NakedEye
  • Like 1

I asked this earlier. Is there a significance to the white poles in crowns show? I wasn't sure I was getting how they were meticulously placed on the field.