TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

15 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Tough to call, especially as even when there was sound, I didn't feel it was that reliable as to how the corps probably sounded live. Either that or Bluecoats have gotten a lot worse since Massillion and Pittsburgh. High-camera video image was generally fine, though. But my probably bad guess is:

1. Blue Devils 2. Carolina Crown 3. Santa Clara Vanguard 4. Bluecoats.

But depending on what the judges like, it could go otherwise tonight, and I think any of these four actually have the show and talent to win this year. Which surprises me about Crown, because earlier this year, I didn't feel that way. But the opener is wonderful and the closer, if not to my taste, is very impressive.

Huh. I got first and fourth right? I can live with that.

I still think any of the four have a shot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

Agree 100%. And the show is very fan friendly. IMO they use those giant props better than anyone else this year. That show deserves to win.

I love the SCV show visually.  I am still trying to fall in love with the music.  IMHO I like Bloo and BD more musically but there is no doubt SCV is great this year.

Edited by MikeBD

DCP%20Percussion%20071817.jpeg

Meaningless Eye candy alert, Current percussion rankings.

• Like 6

Just now, MikeRapp said:

I asked this earlier. Is there a significance to the white poles in crowns show? I wasn't sure I was getting how they were meticulously placed on the field.

They're distorting the yard lines. Kind of like BDB did a few years ago. I think BK did something like it too not long ago.

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

SCV has the most consistent, most cohesive, and most balanced show on tour. It's a little cool emotionally, but they really don't have a weakness. 

SCV will have an excellent spot in San Antonio.   On 2nd last to BD.  Watch out!  With a well executed show on Saturday, SCV can win the regional.      Or BD.   Or Bloo.  Or Crown???

• Like 2

if Flo has these problems Saturday, I'll blow up their twitter feed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

IMO different opinions (judges) won't change the final results. 

Well I would certainly hope they would, if they felt that another corps was better but heh we'll see I guess.

• Like 1

Just now, crownisking said:

They're distorting the yard lines. Kind of like BDB did a few years ago. I think BK did something like it too not long ago.

Why? What is the significance or message?

32 minutes ago, mboogey73 said:

BD consistently beating the 2nd place corps in GE by .5. If they hold on or do anything near that kind of gap in GE BD will be nearly impossible to beat.

Even though BD won't win drums have to think they can do better than 5th. 

Don't need Drums.. just need Guard/ Visual.. that gets the Corps the GE... and thats the modern day pathway to place high, or secure a DCI Title.  If BD was 5th in Guard ( instead of Drums ) that'd be a problem. But they know this.

1 minute ago, MikeBD said:

I love the SCV show visually.  I am still trying to fall in love with the music.  IMHO I like Bloo and BD more musically but there is no doubt SCV is great this year.

Yeah I'm the same way here, I seriously am not feeling any sort of emotional attachment to JD Shaw's book this year. It's just cold. 

:(