TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yeah I'm the same way here, I seriously am not feeling any sort of emotional attachment to JD Shaw's book this year. It's just cold. 

:( 

I can say that for me, the show reads much better in person. I saw a YT recording of them at Stanford and I honestly didn't have much of a reaction to it. When I saw them at rehearsal yesterday, it blew me away. It was like night and day.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yeah I'm the same way here, I seriously am not feeling any sort of emotional attachment to JD Shaw's book this year. It's just cold. 

:( 

I feel SCV's ballad is one of the most haunting moments this year.  I have gotten goosebumps just about every time I have watched their show. It's brilliantly arranged with the speed up in tempo midway and then back to resolution at the end with the soloists.  It's my favorite moment in the whole show that ties everything together. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

Devil's 5th in drums have to bite them in the butt sooner or later

Not neccesarily. Crown won a DCI Title in 2013  finishing 6th in Drums.

Edited by BRASSO

21 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Dude, enough with the Crown hate. We get you don't like the show, the singing, etc. honestly, we get it already. Sheesh.

Lol I didn't say anything one way or the other. I could just as easily have said that Crown should be 2nd in both captions as 4th in both captions. Maybe you should stop looking for contention where there is none?

Edit: Also, I've never said anything on here regarding the singing. I'd appreciate if you wouldn't accuse me of things I haven't said.

Edited by pudding

1 minute ago, wilme861 said:

I've felt this way the last 3-4 years now. Yeah, I'm obviously going to root for Crown as an alum but I haven't felt for a second that the "wrong corps" won any of the last few years. I think there have been multiple championship worthy shows and even though only one can get that gold, I think we're the ones benefiting from such great stuff being put out on the field. This is just another year of that trend...

And four completely unique show concepts, too. Thats what makes it hard to judge which is better.

• Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

Not neccesarily. Crown won a DCI Title in 2013 years ago finishing 6th in Drums.

Yeah but they had to get a perfect brass score to even it out. What's the likelihood of that ever happening again?

Just now, wilme861 said:

I've felt this way the last 3-4 years now. Yeah, I'm obviously going to root for Crown as an alum but I haven't felt for a second that the "wrong corps" won any of the last few years. I think there have been multiple championship worthy shows and even though only one can get that gold, I think we're the ones benefiting from such great stuff being put out on the field. This is just another year of that trend...

Heh, yeah hopefully we won't have a #### "4th place island" this year hehe:thumbup:.  

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Not neccesarily. Crown won a DCI Title in 2013 years ago finishing 6th in Drums.

Yeah but they scorched brass and also didn't have two other corps scratching for points. I don't think anyone wins gold scoring that low in one of the main captions this season. No one is running away with GE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

Yeah but they had to get a perfect brass score to even it out. What's the likelihood of that ever happening again?

Exactly. That Crown year was the exception, not the rule. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Reminder that Cadets won San Antonio in 2015.... So anything could change

True. Cadets won this San Antonio Regional just 2 years ago... yet did not medal ( 4th )