TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

3 of the top 4 (SCV, BD, and Crown) all have the same concept of the celebration of drum corps of old and embracing the new. They approach them differently, yes, but the underlying concept is the same 

BD and Crown, yes.

15 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

People like you are the reason other fans refuse to come on here.  You do realize you are rooting against kids.  What a waste of flesh you are.  Thank God you aren't a friend of mine.

God almighty man that's another human being. Show some restraint. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Yeah but they had to get a perfect brass score to even it out. What's the likelihood of that ever happening again?

Less odds I'd say than a DCI Title beiing won with a 4th place in Guard, let alone 5th or 6th. No way can a Corps win a DCI TItle if the Corps is at worst, 4th in Guard. Even 4th in Guard probably won't get it done these days now. Things change. And this is 2017.. BD has always figured these things out, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

3 of the top 4 (SCV, BD, and Crown) all have the same concept of the celebration of drum corps of old and embracing the new. They approach them differently, yes, but the underlying concept is the same 

Well of COURSE Cappy, they all want to WIN right?  :tongue:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That's a joke right? 3 of the top 4 have the same show concept lol

I see what you mean.  One deconstructs and rediscovers, another exists within a looper some sort,  the other changes into something else.  At least their approaches are different and unique in their own way.    

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

People like you are the reason other fans refuse to come on here.  You do realize you are rooting against kids.  What a waste of flesh you are.  Thank God you aren't a friend of mine.

Seriously, the discussion has been pretty civil the last few pages.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Less odds I'd say than a DCI Title beiing won with a 4th place in Guard, let alone 5th or 6th. No way can a Corps win a DCI TItle if the Corps is at worst, 4th in Guard. Even 4th in Guard probably won't get it done these days now. Things change. And this is 2017.. BD has always figured these things out, imo.

Oh I have no doubt that BD will get it together. They are the standard of excellence. I was just saying that staying 5th in drums isn't going to be acceptable if they expect to stay in the running for gold. But this isn't news.

• Like 1

BD must have had an awful night in percussion.  They were only 2 tenths behind Bloo at Drums along the Rockies 6 tenths behind Bloo tonight.  

44 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Maybe he should see the drill silently - as we did!

Sweet Fancy Moses..Flo once again dropped a big one huh? Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh