Why have a TOC show?

Tour of champions? Does that draw a crowd? There was a show in Millbrook AL the other day with open class corps only and they drew a good crowd. If a DCI show is in your neighborhood are you going? TOC is pointless. Doesn't draw a larger crowd...those in the area would go, regardless. 

6 minutes ago, JKT90 said:

Tour of champions? Does that draw a crowd? There was a show in Millbrook AL the other day with open class corps only and they drew a good crowd. If a DCI show is in your neighborhood are you going? TOC is pointless. Doesn't draw a larger crowd...those in the area would go, regardless. 

I agree and disagree. For me, I would go to a show no matter what. In 2008 The Cavaliers did not perform in Houston. Then I remember in 2009 we had two shows in Houston (I think we had the same thing in 2010). I loved that and kind of wish they would go back to that... but sadly there are some fans that only go when a certain corps will be there. Heck, I remember in 08 I was there to watch open class corps and no one was sitting in the crowd until Cadets or Crown came in the field. I get what you are saying, but as much as I hate to admit it some fans only go of their corps is there. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is

I would usually agree TOC shows draw more but this years TOC in Dekalb was missing Crown, BlueDevils, and BlueCoats.. So I did not go this year and I bet I wasn't the only one who didn't attend Dekalb because of that..  But if the top 7-8 Corps are performing.. yes it would sell out or be close to it. 

• Like 3

Why have a TOC show?

It's because the G-7 corps have taken full control of DCI, ousted the executive director, and... oh wait... :tongue:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Actually attendance at TOC shows DO draw large crowds.  I understand tonight's show at Broken Arrow is a sell out.  The TOC at Massillon last year....sold out.

TOC at Massillon last year was incredible, hope the crowd's the same this year, or maybe not so I can get better parking :laughing:

• Like 2

TOC shows are scar tissue from the ham handed G7 attempt.  G7 went away but nobody got around to killing off the TOC contests

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

TOC at Massillon last year was incredible, hope the crowd's the same this year, or maybe not so I can get better parking :laughing:

Secret to better parking at Massillon is.....

1) arrive the day before (you can watch Blooo rehearse all day   OR

2) don't use the main entrance road (I think it's 16th street)  try to come in on the east side of the stadium.