FLO REFUND

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

Let's burn down the headquarters then!! Off with their heads!!!

Very few are calling for their heads.  Many are simply upset that they paid for a sub-standard product and then being told that it's really no big deal and to relax. 

• Like 1

Why am I starting to think the defenders of Flo are tied to DCI or Flo in some capacity and are here to boost their approvals?  I am beyond frustrated with these excuses.

• Connectivity/Speed are unacceptable excuses.  The only people that haven't complained about buffering are those with T1 or better connections for the most part. The system is supposedly adjusting to lower the quality (720 or lower) for those with slower speeds.  If that is the case, why the buffering at the lowest quality level?
  • Microphone placement is atrocious. The drum corps activity  is a "Drum" & "Bugle" Corps activity. We should be able to hear all of the drums and all of the bugles. Not the pit with brass accompaniment in the background.  It is sad when the strongest of brass still sound like background music to the pit.
  • Camera work is embarrassing.  It is sad when a director who is choosing the camera to place on the live feed stays on a guard member who is kneeling down to change equipment on the sideline while important visuals are happening on the field.  Last night was not the first time this has happened.
  • This is a "Live Event".  To not have the sound "on" at showtime is embarrassing.  We didn't even get to hear the National Anthem. Much less the first third of BD and a good portion of SCV.  How is it that someone didn't test the audio before the feed went live?  Or fix the issue between the Anthem and the first corps.  To have the same thing happen to the second corps after fixing it for the first corps leaves a lot to be desired.
  • All we get from FloMarching is a tweet that they are aware of the issue.  Customer Service from this company is lacking.  They have your money and their isn't a #### thing we can do about it.  We are stuck with this since there is no other option.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 1

We will never see Big, Loud & Live quality and production values on any live streaming format.  If you want the same quality in Broken Arrow you see in Indianapolis, you'd have to pay $49.95 per show (est., mileage may vary).   Possibly use of multi GoPro camera feeds is an option, otherwise you have to pay experienced people to hoist and use those cams.  That's my $.02 

This was the second time I tried to log on to FloMarching with no success. I get to the Sign On page and it"s stuck in Loading mode. They email me a link, I get to the sign on page and it gets stuck in Loading Mode. #### It!

43 minutes ago, geluf said:

1.03 stars out of 5, from customers dealing with their sports market (which they've been doing for awhile).

BBB rating of F.

Wondering what their pitch was to convince DCI that they could handle this and produce a quality product.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lameisrob said:

We will never see Big, Loud & Live quality and production values on any live streaming format.  If you want the same quality in Broken Arrow you see in Indianapolis, you'd have to pay $49.95 per show (est., mileage may vary).   Possibly use of multi GoPro camera feeds is an option, otherwise you have to pay experienced people to hoist and use those cams.  That's my $.02 

You mean, like a Pay Per View option via Time Warner/Spectrum, Comcast, UVerse, etc.?  I would seriously consider it...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, E3D said:

Everyone take a deep breath and allow these guys to fleece you with a bad product. 

No problem. I'm going to take that deep breath now. 

Sounds just like a proctologist...but no with cancer prevention, just cancer.

16 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

• Camera work is embarrassing.  It is sad when a director who is choosing the camera to place on the live feed stays on a guard member who is kneeling down to change equipment on the sideline while important visuals are happening on the field.  Last night was not the first time this has happened.

I'm surprised (or maybe not surprised) that they don't have someone from DCI consulting on which camera shots to use during the broadcast. By now they should have figured out which parts warrant a close-up. 

What bothers me even more is that they are broadcasting things that are not supposed to be seen by the audience. For example, I saw a great shot of the Bluecoats brass hiding beneath their stage prop.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gak27 said:

You mean, like a Pay Per View option via Time Warner/Spectrum, Comcast, UVerse, etc.?  I would seriously consider it...

Yes, me too Spectrum (then Time Warner) puts up several WGI performances on one of their On Demand portals.  Several (TWC) systems have the staff and equipment (like HS football) to pull it off.

Other than the occasional major disaster, wasn't the sound in DCILive generally ok? Meaning that when the horns got louder, you heard an increase in volume?

My main beef with Aunt Flo is that when the horns come in, my volume always drops, like the microphones can't handle the increase and it all goes to a lower setting. So you are ready for the big hit and instead you get a whisper. So annoying. Of course you never don't hear the pit loud and clear.

I don't recall this problem with DCILive, but maybe I've blanked out the whole experience.

• Like 1