FLO REFUND

8 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Quoting this so that after you retract it, you cannot pretend you never said it.

I guarantee you, anyone who gives two ##### about dci did not think Flo did "a great job" last night.

2 hours ago, chaddyt said:

What is FloMarching's history?  They obviously had to have some sort of experience in covering the performing arts for DCI to approach them and bring them on board.  But it seems like a smooth, issue-free broadcast is the exception, not the norm.  

And more importantly, why does DCI continue to struggle with finding an acceptable platform to deliver this content to people at home?  They've been trying for a solid decade now and every time it seems like they're starting to figure something out, they completely change gears and effectively start all over again.

If I've learned anything from being a DCI streaming media consumer for more than a decade, the answer is always "licensing".

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

But with all due respect, you cannot create a "high quality online experience" with an iPhone7. 

Actually, I'd say any number of videos I've watched this year on Youtube - presumably all shot on an iPhone or Android - have been superior in video and audio quality to the Flo broadcasts. I don't think it's mostly an equipment problem, I think it's what they're doing or not doing with that equipment.

I agree with your other points about the issues with Flo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I guarantee you, anyone who gives two ##### about dci did not think Flo did "a great job" last night.

I didn't watch last night but the shows Saturday were very good for me. 

17 minutes ago, SFZFAN said:

I didn't watch last night but the shows Saturday were very good for me. 

Lucky you.  I have purchased the DCI online feed (FanNetwork, DCILive, etc.) ever since it was started almost a decade ago. You missed the worst feed (mistakes, camera work, audio) since DCI started streaming IMHO.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 2

This live streaming is not my world, but I am curious; if someone knows...

During WGI and now DCI, the sound is completely muted in between performances, is someone manually doing that or is it a program? My fear is that someone manually turns the sound off and then forgets to turn in back up. It happened during WGI and resurrected itself again last night during BD and SCV. This seems like such a simple fix....just leave the sound on. 

I hear everything everyone else is saying, and mostly agree.  What galls ME is that FloMarching is charging us their top rate to watch this garbage they are spewing.  If they were charging us a discounted rate while they "work out the bugs" i could ALMOST be okay with this, but they aren;t.  We are paying top rates for bottom quality and that SHOULD be against the law!

I too was angry last night, thinking it was my gear/connection, etc.. I watched the show specifically to experience Blue Devils show.

Hopefully, FLO will perform video and sound-checks immediately upon stream-start.

I did send an email to FLO, expressing disappointment, and suggesting they check the streams upon start.

Note: My first experience with Flomarching was the WGI weekend(s), which were near-flawless for me.

Edited by EastCoast30YearFan