FLO REFUND

14 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Of course. We get that. But it still doesn't entitle them to give spotty service. I'm not looking for a refund nor am I upset any longer. These things suck when they happen, but I get over it pretty quickly. Others don't. 

the bottom line for FLO is people will be reading their social media feeds which, after last night, are anything but glowing. I talked to 2 DCI directors today, and one wasnt even at the show and his email was blowing up LOL. If there's issues Saturday, FLO could be in for the longest weekend of their career. DCI is well aware of the bad publicity, because in the long run, they made the deal with Flo. Given some of the issues I encountered with Flo during WGI, and the response I got, I was hoping they learned. But it seems they haven't. I haven't seen this level of outrage since the first year finals was broadcast live and the company didnt listen to DCI on how much space to have available for traffic. DCI learned a hard lesson there, and I think they are discussing things internally and with FLO today.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Why is it unfortunate?  They should have simply read the contract prior to agreeing to it; and failing to do so only means any crying now consists of crocodile-tears.

Because many customers will have the opportunity to exercise their right to leave due to an inferior product after their first month.  Others will be bound by the contract and pay for a full year even if they are not happy with the quality.

Risk vs Reward.  I know that I personally went back and forth on the full year vs. the monthly and chose the ladder.  I'm very glad I did as I will be cancelling on August 13.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

1 minute ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Because many customers will have the opportunity to exercise their right to leave due to an inferior product after their first month.  others will be bound by the contract and pay for a full year even if they are not happy with the quality.

and that happens. However, they won't be back, and Flo's reputation is dying a slow, loud death

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yup. dont even think about asking for a referral

And if enough stop using the service, and the folks in the marketplace get the word out that it is inferior, Flo will fix the service, drop the service, or go under.

10 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Because many customers will have the opportunity to exercise their right to leave due to an inferior product after their first month.  Others will be bound by the contract and pay for a full year even if they are not happy with the quality.

Risk vs Reward.  I know that I personally went back and forth on the full year vs. the monthly and chose the ladder.  I'm very glad I did as I will be cancelling on August 13.

A person who signs up with Flomarching, whether for a month or a year, does have the 'right' to drop the service; they also have a 'right' to inform others about their experience; but they do not have a 'right' to a refund.  Which is directly addressing the actual title and content of this thread.

8 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Thanks.  I didn't realize there was that option.  

It's not immediately obvious. For me, when I launch a live feed, the video appears to just be filling my browser screen, when in fact you can scroll down slightly to find some additional controls AND (in the lower left corner) the option to select either the main feed (multi-cam) or High Camera.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

A person who signs up with Flomarching, whether for a month or a year, does have the 'right' to drop the service; they also have a 'right' to inform others about their experience; but they do not have a 'right' to a refund.  Which is directly addressing the actual title and content of this thread.

Well stated.  This became a "Trash the Provider" thread and went :offtopic: from the original Topic of a refund.

Again, We are not worthy..............:worthy:

I wish DCI broadcasted this internally using their own knowledgeable staff.. a staff that studies the shows and knows what to emphasize.. this is partially the responsibility of the director of photography. These camera angles last night looked like the camera operator went on a break or was hired off the street or was a wedding videographer hired by flomarching.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

and that happens. However, they won't be back, and Flo's reputation is dying a slow, loud death

Flo may or may not continue with steaming Flomarching services; but they have a top-notch reputation in the world of scholastic Flowrestling and Flotrack, where they got their start, as well as Flotennis, Florodeo, FLovolleyball, FLosoftball, etc... So I doubt 'the company' will dye a slow loud death based on a hiccup within a niche like drum corps.

1 minute ago, Alzam81 said:

I wish DCI broadcasted this internally using their own knowledgeable staff.. a staff that studies the shows and knows what to emphasize.. this is partially the responsibility of the director of photography. These camera angles last night looked like the camera operator went on a break or was hired off the street or was a wedding videographer hired by flomarching.

Will not, cannot, happen at a subscription rate of $50 per month or $150 per year.  The professional production costs, the professional equipment used, the salaries of professional audio/video experts, combined with the extremely low numbers of fans/subscribers for such a small niche activity, would all deem that subscription rate an impossibility.

• Like 1