FLO REFUND

31 minutes ago, Stu said:

Flo may or may not continue with steaming Flomarching services; but they have a top-notch reputation in the world of scholastic Flowrestling and Flotrack, where they got their start, as well as Flotennis, Florodeo, FLovolleyball, FLosoftball, etc... So I doubt 'the company' will dye a slow loud death based on a hiccup within a niche like drum corps.

I don't agree with you.  I read their BBB feed and it is not glowing as mentioned earlier in this thread.  A rating of 1.03 out of five stars is an "F" according to the Central Texas BBB.  Feel free to read for yourself before you give them a "Top-Notch" reference.  And to be clear, not one of the feedback references on the BBB site were about DCI.  All were sports related.

https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/internet-services/flosports-inc-in-austin-tx-1000108975/Alerts-and-Actions

Edited by Old Corps Guy

Like several in this forum, I was looking forward to seeing(and hearing) SCV and Devils go head to head,.But the feed was so poor (particularly during their shows) that it doused the vibe for me for the rest of the show...somehow knowing that your feed can abruptly end does not make for a chill, sit on the couch evening..Tomorrow we'll see if these messages make a difference

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Remember Buffalo 2013 though? An absolute classic

Very competitive between these two.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stu said:

Flame me all you want people, but you all did what most people do: Fail to read before signing up then complain!!! You all actually agreed to the following when you signed the contact with Flo:

6. Warranty Disclaimer

... FloSports Inc MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT... ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, AND/OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSION ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE FloSports WEBSITE.

All this means is "We get to keep your money when we #### the bed and can't do what we say we can."

Doesn't mean we don't get to gripe about them ####### the bed or DCI's partnership with them or them not being able to follow through on what they advertise.

It's like McDonalds showing you a picture of a BigMac as Extra Value Meal #1 but disclaiming that you may get a kid's burger instead because, well... #### it.

30 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

the bottom line for FLO is people will be reading their social media feeds which, after last night, are anything but glowing. I talked to 2 DCI directors today, and one wasnt even at the show and his email was blowing up LOL. If there's issues Saturday, FLO could be in for the longest weekend of their career. DCI is well aware of the bad publicity, because in the long run, they made the deal with Flo. Given some of the issues I encountered with Flo during WGI, and the response I got, I was hoping they learned. But it seems they haven't. I haven't seen this level of outrage since the first year finals was broadcast live and the company didnt listen to DCI on how much space to have available for traffic. DCI learned a hard lesson there, and I think they are discussing things internally and with FLO today.

Jeff: This is true for marching arts specific situations, and Flo may indeed lose further contracts with DCI and not be able to expand into the marching arts arena.  However, people who engage in sports are getting great service from Flo (which is Flo's bread and butter), it is the marching side that is having issues.  And if sports jocks scoff and make fun at the marching arts apart from Flo, what will they care if the marching service on Flo sucks or not as long as the sports side stays stellar?

5 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I don't agree with you.  I read their BBB feed and it is not glowing as mentioned earlier in this thread.  A rating of 1.03 out of five stars is an "F" according to the Central Texas BBB.  Feel free to read for yourself before you give them a "Top-Notch" reference.

https://www.bbb.org/central-texas/business-reviews/internet-services/flosports-inc-in-austin-tx-1000108975/Alerts-and-Actions

You have to take BBB with a grain of salt; they actually have other agendas, one being political, but this is not the venue to get into a discussion of the BBB.  What I do is look at what Flo provides, what they deliver, what they charge, the retention of subscribers of their services, the expansion of new subscribers, and the bottom line growth of a company (same as what I do when looking at any other streaming service). Flo has been doing rather well over the years in those criteria for most of the sporting events they stream.  Yes there have been complaints on sports streaming hiccups, and they have been voiced on the BBB websites, but not enough for them to lose sports subscribers and go into the read financially.

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

And yet, here you are!

It was your condescension that raised the ire, not your message.

It's like an addiction I can't shake. LOL

I have a pretty thick skin, and after being part of this community for 10 years, I know what I'm walking into when I post. I was simply sharing my experience, it is what it is. I feel for the people having issues and hope they get resolved. 

Edited by Newseditor44
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

All this means is "We get to keep your money when we #### the bed and can't do what we say we can."

Doesn't mean we don't get to gripe about them ####### the bed or DCI's partnership with them or them not being able to follow through on what they advertise.

It's like McDonalds showing you a picture of a BigMac as Extra Value Meal #1 but disclaiming that you may get a kid's burger instead because, well... #### it.

When a person signs a contract in which the company clearly states that it has the right to, as you eloquently put it, "... keep your money when we #### the bed and can't do what we say we can.", the consumer does have the right to complain when bad service is rendered; but when the consumer whines for a refund that is crocodile-tears.   And it is that which I am addressing, not any complaints concerning the horrible service.