Last words on Flo

9 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Has your internet ever gone out? Do you demand that provider issues an apology every single time it happens? Do you demand a refund for the time without internet? Everyone seems like the biggest babies through this. First time I've ever had problems with Flo and we are spending a little more for a year than I do a month for cable/internet which has more problems. 

Completely agree with this. 

9 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Has your internet ever gone out? Do you demand that provider issues an apology every single time it happens? Do you demand a refund for the time without internet? Everyone seems like the biggest babies through this. First time I've ever had problems with Flo and we are spending a little more for a year than I do a month for cable/internet which has more problems. 

No but if it happens often I change my internet provider. Sadly you don't have that choice with flo

• Like 2

I am sticking with Flo through finals, only because there is no other option.  They have a lot to learn and I would not give even a mediocre recommendation at this time.  The broadcasts come off a bit amateurish to me, even when things are going well.  Seeing a closeup of a guard member switching from flag to rifle isn't my idea of multi-cam.  The shots are sometimes framed strangely with borders that don't make sense.  The sound is inconsistent at best.

That being said, why are they streaming Belton but not Denton?????

7 hours ago, DCI-86 said:

No but if it happens often I change my internet provider. Sadly you don't have that choice with flo

I can't change my Internet provider. I only have one option.

btw, this is a good time to suggest we the people get up to speed (to pun intended) on the net neutrality proposals being floated.

Flo had a bad run in Broken Arrow, it does happen even with credible companies. Let's see how they do tonight.

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

I can't change my Internet provider. I only have one option.

btw, this is a good time to suggest we the people get up to speed (to pun intended) on the net neutrality proposals being floated.

Flo had a bad run in Broken Arrow, it does happen even with credible companies. Let's see how they do tonight.

How anyone is anti-net neutrality is beyond me. Absolutely crazy

7 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I am sticking with Flo through finals, only because there is no other option.  They have a lot to learn and I would not give even a mediocre recommendation at this time.  The broadcasts come off a bit amateurish to me, even when things are going well.  Seeing a closeup of a guard member switching from flag to rifle isn't my idea of multi-cam.  The shots are sometimes framed strangely with borders that don't make sense.  The sound is inconsistent at best.

Having attended (drum corps) and performed (marching band) shows there, the set-up in Denton is pretty iffy for streaming. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere, which may affect the ability to get data out?

And there's not really any space to put microphones. There's not space for the DM podia on the sideline, and they have to close the lowest central sections to give the DMs space there. The one time my high school band did a show there, we didn't get the memo about podium stuff, such that part of the pit ended up on the field to make space. As one of said pit people who was stuck on the field, it was decidedly non-ideal.

Were I to hazard a guess, that combo of things makes it nigh-impossible.

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

Having attended (drum corps) and performed (marching band) shows there, the set-up in Denton is pretty iffy for streaming. It's kinda in the middle of nowhere, which may affect the ability to get data out?

And there's not really any space to put microphones. There's not space for the DM podia on the sideline, and they have to close the lowest central sections to give the DMs space there. The one time my high school band did a show there, we didn't get the memo about podium stuff, such that part of the pit ended up on the field to make space. As one of said pit people who was stuck on the field, it was decidedly non-ideal.

Were I to hazard a guess, that combo of things makes it nigh-impossible.

It may also be due to available resources from Flo. They have to get their crew ready and set up for San Antonio. That's a lot of moving parts.

28 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

I for one am glad they are. It's the first time this season that the current 10th through 16th place corps are facing such other. This battle is just as exciting to me as the Top 4 battle. 

17 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

DCI has streamed Denton in the past, so it's absolutely possible.