Last words on Flo

I would appreciate it if someone from DCI would weigh in here on where you stand with FloMarching. This company represents DCI, and w all bought subscriptions based on your endorsement of this firm. No one from Flo seems to care about what happened last night, as they haven't bothered to respond to a single complaint. I think we deserve to hear something from DCI about what concerns you have and are expressing to Flo, otherwise I can guarantee you a whole lot of us won't be renewing our subscriptions.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I would appreciate it if someone from DCI would weigh in here on where you stand with FloMarching. This company represents DCI, and w all bought subscriptions based on your endorsement of this firm. No one from Flo seems to care about what happened last night, as they haven't bothered to respond to a single complaint. I think we deserve to hear something from DCI about what concerns you have and are expressing to Flo, otherwise I can guarantee you a whole lot of us won't be renewing our subscriptions.

That isn't quite true. I sent an email to their customer support last night (support@flosports.tv) and received a confirmation email immediately and a response this morning. What I want to see is what (if anything) they do in future streams to fix the problems we had yesterday and improve upon the quality of what they're currently offering. They said in the response that they hired an audio consultant, but it wasn't clear to me if this was a recent move or if our current audio situation IS with the help of the consultant. 

• Like 2

They (flomarching) only have one chance to get it right as this is a live event with no opportunity to archive the shows. I get the licensing issue. This is why I beg flomarching to please get it right next time. Even do a practice run for crying out loud. No sound for the top two corps in the world is frustrating. I'm sure nobody cares, but I left work early to catch SCV and BD and I happily paid the money to subscribe. Not every show is the same, that's why this activity is so amazing. We all love to watch every show broadcast and then "armchair quarterback" every aspect of every performance! It's what we do. We're a passionate and loyal bunch. Please get it right..

Edited by Alzam81
Typo
  • Like 3

At the very least, DCI should insist that Flo provides a scrolling message on the screen when they are experiencing technical difficulties.     I don't know about the rest of you, but my main source of information on confirming what I was seeing (or not seeing), or hearing (or not hearing), was based solely on what others were posting on the DCP show discussion thread.     I mean, Flo, at least send up smoke signals or something!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 4

I think someone posted in the other thread that DCI and FLO were in talks today. Hope so. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

At the very least, DCI should insist that Flo provides a scrolling message on the screen when they are experiencing technical difficulties.     I don't know about the rest of you, but my main source of information on confirming what I was seeing (or not seeing), or hearing (or not hearing), was based solely on what others were posting on the DCP show discussion thread.     I mean, Flo, at least send up smoke signals or something!

My letter to Flo (an exerpt)

Dear Flo,

As a customer,  I shouldn't have to come to you to find out if YOU are having difficulties.   My goodness, I am logged onto YOUR website.   You can come to me through a banner message a heck of a lot easier than for me come to you.  

Who the heck really knows what troubles you had last night - I've seen no public announcement.  As someone who has relied many times on electronic equipment, I ALWAYS check my equipment long before the actual event.  Also, how could you have gone so long before realizing the mics were muted - if that was truly one your issues.   There are so many things that you could have done.  And, by the way, if the issues were outside of your control, fine.  But tell me, your paying customer.   I would like to have some sort of faith in your service In which I elected to subscribe to. I am not demanding a refund.   What I would like is a simple, "we're sorry, we'll do better next time."  That would be just fine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeRapp said:

Looks like you got your wish. Flo just issued an apology.

You're right. Here is is.  A day late, but at least they acknowledged the issue.  I'll give 'me that one.

http://www.flomarching.com/article/59197-message-regarding-audio-at-dci-event#.WW_pbbEpChA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

Has your internet ever gone out? Do you demand that provider issues an apology every single time it happens? Do you demand a refund for the time without internet? Everyone seems like the biggest babies through this. First time I've ever had problems with Flo and we are spending a little more for a year than I do a month for cable/internet which has more problems. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Has your internet ever gone out? Do you demand that provider issues an apology every single time it happens? Do you demand a refund for the time without internet? Everyone seems like the biggest babies through this. First time I've ever had problems with Flo and we are spending a little more for a year than I do a month for cable/internet which has more problems. 

It's more than the internet going out.  It's simply good customer service.   It's not hard to state "we're having difficulties and working to restore your service.  We appreciate your patience at this time".  

Also, for many of us, this was the first time ever using flo.  In essence, it was like a PPV Event specifically for this particular show.  So I can completely understand the frustration.

Edited by drumcorpsfever