DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

How good are they this year? I was a bit surprised that they have not been 12 or above yet. Did they have a large number of age outs last season? 

I fell in love with them last year. There was a magic about that show last year IMHO. I've seen By a Hare twice on Flo but not live yet. It's very well executed and the content is slightly more difficult than last year from what I can tell. My take is that the show design is a little flat. As others on DCP have said, they don't seem to know whether they are going for zany Warner Bros. cartoon, or something a little more middle of the road. I think the thing that engaged me about previous performances, whether is was Corpse or Mary Poppins, was their complete commitment to the theme and vibe of the show. Somehow, that feels like it's missing. But I won't know until I see them live in Allentown. Overall it's a nice show and I think there's room to grow its impact. The pack in the Top 12 are a formidable bunch to displace! But I'm pulling for Academy. My $.02. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, E3D said:

I will be watching them for the first time tonight. Thanks for the info. 

I hope they exceed your expectations.

Out of curiosity, have you seen Mandarins, Madison, and/or Colts yet, either live or on Flo?

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I hope they exceed your expectations.

Out of curiosity, have you seen Mandarins, Madison, and/or Colts yet, either live or on Flo?

I have seen the Colts show already. not the Mandarins or Madison. I have seen bits and pieces via the Utube of Madison. I really want to watch Academy since they were so entertaining last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, E3D said:

I have seen the Colts show already. not the Mandarins or Madison. I have seen bits and pieces via the Utube of Madison. I really want to watch Academy since they were so entertaining last year. 

Cool. Hope you enjoy your first full readings on all three of those corps, especially Academy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperSaderFan said:

Heading to the lone star state with my big bro. We head down every summer for the Texas swing. It's hot and a part of tour that we like to lend our support to the kids. Plenty of ice, gatorade and treats for the kids. We love Crusader stadium and the corps has a great relationship with Mary Hardin University. 3 days in the stadium, sleeping in air-conditioned dorms, ice machine delivered for the week, special Board & Alumni shaved ice event after the show tonight, a Texas sized BBQ put on by the families of members from Texas tomorrow, and then on to a 4th place seeding in the Alamo Dome. Have not seen them live since Florida - Burn Em Up Boston!

I want BOSTON to get the love that Cavilers have in this state. Ever since I moved here the first time the State of Texas has massive love for the Green Gear. I would put down the lyrics to the great bus song .....WHO WOULD BUY THE CAVILERS------------------ can't say the rest. HAHA But seriously there is great support for DCI in this state and Cavilers get most of it. Even having the Crossmen in San Antonio has not (in my opinion) broken that wedge of support. 

Glad to see the great MW helping and supporting as usual. Where would the BAC be without people like MW and many others unrelenting support! 

GO BAC!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

Glad to see the great MW helping and supporting as usual. Where would the BAC be without people like MW and many others unrelenting support! 

GO BAC!

Where would Boston Crusaders be without the people you mention? Hard to say since so many have been involved, even in small ways, since their marching days. Would they have survived? Maybe. My guess is Boston area folks involved in drum corps would have wanted at least one corps to survive but they would not have been BAC folks so the tradition and identity which is more than appearance would have been lost. Perhaps they would have made finals,  but they would have been occasional visitors rather than finalists for 18 years with 19 looking very likely. What you would not have would include folks with the vision to create Inspire Arts or folks who could unite a very diverse alumni ranging from Depression Era kids to baby boomers, yuppies, generation X, and kids marching in recent years. While some may add good fundraising, the right development people could do that, perhaps not as successfully but it could be done. The folks with the vision which these people have, cannot happen without a love for the corps which in some cases began in their early teen years when they marched.

• Like 2

Few if maybe any cities have embraced a drum corps as its own as Boston has the Crusaders. Especially a city as large as Boston. I only wish Boston was on the Nashville TOC slate, as it will be the only chance I would have to see them live.