DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Few if maybe any cities have embraced a drum corps as its own as Boston has the Crusaders. Especially a city as large as Boston. I only wish Boston was on the Nashville TOC slate, as it will be the only chance I would have to see them live.

You should find your way to a show somehow.  You will not be disappointed.  This is quite a season for Boston.  They are proving many doubters wrong with an amazingly entertaining show.  A kicking brass line, hot drum line and front ensemble and an outrageously good and exhausting guard. Hope you can get to one.  She must burn!

• Like 2

Wow...this facility looks fantastic!

Jake-Stamps-Pressbox.jpg

• Like 3

Just $35 bucks for 12 great corps!!

...Why do I feel like I'm seriously getting price gouged up here in the Northeast for the Clifton show ($69), Chester ($128) and others...

Yes great place.  Home away from home for BAC.

It's going to be super close between Colts, Academy, Scouts and Mandarin tonight! Fun, competitive rivalry match - 

Coming down the stretch it's going to be fun watching the battle for 12th!

I'll be interested to see if Academy/Colts pull closer to Scouts/Mandarin tonight....

Judging by the title of the first post above,  tonight's event is being sponsored by FloMarching. Quite a coincidence!

I'm expecting far fewer technical problems tonight. Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlenI said:

My take is that the show design is a little flat.

I've seen them live twice, and your comment here fits my impression. Loved the show last year. And this year's theme and music would seem to be about as entertaining as anything out there. But it's not. Afraid I can't explain better why it doesn't grab me.

Initially, I was turned off a bit by all the junk on the field. Especially since it is a very long set up and tear down time for what (again, to me) is not much payoff. But I don't think it's really the messy field. I'm anxious to see them again Saturday in SA. Good luck to them. They are still in the fight, and there are three full weeks left.

27 minutes ago, Liahona said:

...Why do I feel like I'm seriously getting price gouged up here in the Northeast for the Clifton show ($69), Chester ($128) and others...

I'm not sure if it's simple price gouging as much as the cost of venue in PA/NJ compared to TX.  $35 is awesome for 12 corps.  Great value!

Get here early tonight and check out Genesis!  They added in a bunch of show changes and some new visual and brass staff in the past week.  They are definitely reaching up for the next rung on the ladder!  #texasbornandbred

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

I have always felt the same way!! The shows The Cadets run tend to be on the pricey side!! TOC show at Chester is $128 and then Eastern Classic at Allentown the next day only $45...big difference!! I love both stadiums though...can't wait :)

• Like 1