DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

I know it's a convention with a long movie history, but it's really dumb to have supposedly French characters speak English with a French accent.

• Like 1

Is this narration during Pio's show new?

I mean, if you're going to have accents, why not Irish accents? Given the show title and all.

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

I know it's a convention with a long movie history, but it's really dumb to have supposedly French characters speak English with a French accent.

They could speak French with an Irish accent.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rileydog said:

For the last few years they have toured a similar tour schedule as many of the world class corps. They played 4 more events than many of the WC did last year. Going WC was their vision and plan from the beginning. On the flip side, there are more financial and support options in WC vs OC. The standings be what they may, they are living the dream. 

True dat!

It's also worth noting that this year's show was designed and the whole corps was contracted BEFORE they were approved for World Class.  Just watch what happens next year...

Its about time for Texas to be HEARD.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Do open not get a share or is it that much more in world? I like how WGI does it by printing groups during the season if they are showing high enough skills. 

To tour as a world class corps, you have to play a world class tour schedule, and therefore you need a larger income. Open class is for corps that can only do a very limited tour schedule and therefore aren't due a share of the season gate.

Edited by MikeRapp