DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

9 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I'm just saying that Open Groups(with smaller tour) will beat a few World at semifinals so give them what the deserve. 

They don't deserve world class gate unless they are committed to world class tour schedule. It's pretty simple. And DCI learned a hard lesson by pushing corps that were not or could not be committed to a world class tour schedule to tour as world class. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Did I miss something? What are the big black tarps supposed to be doing or representing in the surf show?

My understanding was, that the tarps were incomplete and we would see something midseason. At least that was the scuttlebutt in Cranston. Since this is midseason and haven't seen anything yet, maybe we'll see something in a few days in San Antonio.

3 minutes ago, drangin said:

Take your glasses off.

:closedeyes:

I swear to you, I did that about 10 minutes ago! Less focus helps.

watching recent vids everyone is amazingly better from early July.  

Mandarins Sounds of Silence <3

1 minute ago, Tim K said:

My understanding was, that the tarps were incomplete and we would see something midseason. At least that was the scuttlebutt in Cranston. Since this is midseason and haven't seen anything yet, maybe we'll see something in a few days in San Antonio.

Well, that was really awkward, then. They looked like the black vinyl you get at Home Depot. Leaning all over the place. I kept waiting for something to happen and then they were standing at the front of the field with the show over, 

Excited for a first look at Mandarins