DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

What happened to Surf and Madison?  Why are Scouts now?  ... Did I miss something?  I only came in with Pioneer.

Maybe it's the heat, but Madison, Troop, Colts . . . . everyone just seems on the flat side. Horn sound from Scouts is noticeably more intense than previous corps, but there have been are sloppy intervals everywhere . . . . Madison tenor line just had 4 intervals on a slide, and every one of them was different. 

Tough conditions out there for sure. Feels like the kids are having a rough time driving the energy 

Just now, ftwdrummer said:

Still better than the '08/'09 jackets, that the visual guy went to a specific store in San Francisco to find the shade of...that matched every turf field in existence perfectly.

They looked like that thing where the person doing the weather on the local news wears a green sweater on Halloween so their torso vanishes.

:spitting:

Just now, Gizmit26 said:

Yes. We've seen the show many times, and my daughter asks each time what the masks are for. I always just shrug. 

It's in the show description but you shouldn't need that to understand a show. 

1 minute ago, ftwdrummer said:

Still better than the '08/'09 jackets, that the visual guy went to a specific store in San Francisco to find the shade of...that matched every turf field in existence perfectly.

They looked like that thing where the person doing the weather on the local news wears a green sweater on Halloween so their torso vanishes.

07 was a special kind of ugly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Maybe it's the heat, but Madison, Troop, Colts . . . . everyone just seems on the flat side. Horn sound from Scouts is noticeably more intense than previous corps, but there have been are sloppy intervals everywhere . . . . Madison tenor line just had 4 intervals on a slide, and every one of them was different. 

Tough conditions out there for sure. Feels like the kids are having a rough time driving the energy 

I agree. I mentioned that a little earlier in this thread too. The heat index has been in the 100's for these corps, so I have no doubt that it's affecting their performance levels (at least in terms of energy). Even Mandarins, who has performed the crap out of every show I've seen so far, felt a little on the flat side energy-wise.

Nice visuals there for Scouts.

• Like 1