DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

07 was a special kind of ugly. 

This is accurate.

It was like one of the old Astros Tequila Sunrise uniforms got left out when someone mowed the field, and then they weren't able to get the grass stains out.

That was the second Madison show I ever saw in person.

I was not impressed.

EDIT: to be clear, I was impressed with the performance they put on. Design..not so much.

Edited by ftwdrummer
  • Like 2

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

07 was a special kind of ugly. 

The '07-'09 unis, based on photos I've seen, are uglier than even some of today's poorly-designed spandex uniforms.

• Like 1

Appreciate the readability of Scouts' show, and they're cleaning rapidly from what I saw the beginning of the month at Lisle. A thought (too late, of course), is that a look and feel that is so alien to the an audience could have been better matched if they took music that was familiar and twisted it, the way Cavaliers are with "Mars" this year, and what Devils did with "Stormy Weather." Unfamiliar music makes the show feel even more unapproachable.

But I like the ballsiness of their decision to go big rather than going home.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

Not one performance has yet generated a spontaneous standing ovation from the audience. It's been nothing but thank God that's over. Now I can stand up stretch my legs, pull the clothing out of my crack  and offer courtesy applause while I wonder who in their right mind thought that show was a good idea. Boring is an understatement. 

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 3

Well, this is the first time I have seen The Mandarins and Scouts in the same show. Didn't think it possible, but Scouts might not make finals again. 

• Like 2