DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

With the mic placements, it;s gonna be interesting how we see Crown's show with no singing. Lol

• Like 1

Just now, Sandonovan said:

If I didn't know better- I'd say this would've been the Cadets. Had I not already knew of Gino going to Boston.

Gino has transformed Bostons brass this year and makes Ryan George's writing kill!

• Like 4

Wow, the exposure visually those plumes make with that motion.  But it's looking pretty clean already. Plumeography

Boston Strong. OMG Guard. Brass is killing it. Percussion doesn't have a speck of dust and the pit is very good. This is literally looking more like 5th instead of 6th. 

• Like 8

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Gee, thanks Flo.  The best darn vocalist in DCI this year and we can't hear it. 

Not Flos fault. Mic placement is somewhat standard, Boston placed their speakers in front of the mics

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I'm inclined to blame BAC for this putting their speakers so far up. We'll see if crown adjusts 

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

The good news is that you don't have to hear the vocalist in order to love the ballad. It's like icing on a cake.

As for Crown's show, it feels as if it was designed with the singer too much in mind.