DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

Okay. Time to say it. Having vocalists is hard. The examples of someone nailing it night after night is non-existent/rare. Crown's singer is consistently predictably awkward. Half of the pitches are out of tune, vowel sounds are strained, diction is muddled, so consistently a let down. Enough. If you are going to have a vocal soloists, I applaud your ability to add unique timbre to your show, but someone has to be in charge of them singing in tune with some sense of time and musical intent. Please tell me at least the brass staff hears this. Nothing has changed since the fist show.

Edited by westcoastblue

I don't get the football helmet?

• Like 2

So, will white tape be pulled over the corps from the poles ala Carmels spider show?

Crown's show is grabbing me even more than a few days ago. If they can get the last 1/3 of the show to sell the way the first part does, I think they can win it all. Certainly medal. 

• Like 5

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

I don't get the football helmet?

In Indy it will be the deconstruction of the helmet in the middle. Which I presume they'll cover at some point,   On every field that doesn't do a helmet in the middle, it'll not make sense.  

• Like 1