DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

1 minute ago, Prsmpower4 said:

Crown...awesome, but still too many vocals.  

Absolutely 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

You have the best brassline in the world...I'll say no more.  I just get in trouble. 

That is how I have felt all year.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

Gotcha sorry...mind is a bit everywhere tonight

It's the heat. :)

• Like 1

Still don't care for how they get back into the Bach at the end. Anti climactic. 

Having said that, they are marching a LOT of traditional drill. Hard drill.  Guard was better tonight. Brass, of course, was amazing. Percussion is so good! On so many levels this is a corps that could win it all, but they have to figure out the GE issues in the last 3rd of the show. 

• Like 4

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

Tuesday night, Crown had a white football helmet tarp on the back 40 on side 2.    Tonight it was a different tarp.

It still looked like the helmet to me

2 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

YESSSS!  Sounds like the Crown vocalist has had some excellent coaching since we last heard her and this performance was endearing!  No more Broadway Ethel Merman, just some tender, sweet singing that was lovely, not overbearing and it allowed that wonderful CC brass to still sparkle away.  As we say in the south, bless her heart!  I loved the WHOLE SHEBANG TONIGHT!

They do have a coach with her on tour.

• Like 1

There's no other way to describe Crown's brass than incredible. Even toward the end of the show, their sound still holds up.

I watched the show with a more open mind this time, and I'm still not really sold on that last movement. It's just too esoteric for me, which I understand is what they're going for. But all that aside, killer performance.

• Like 4