DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

The crowd has been flat all night. Every #### corps. 

I wish every crowd was like Muncie...as annoying as it can be at times,  I love seeing all those kids jump up and scream for shows

• Like 6

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

I wish every crowd was like Muncie...as annoying as it can be at times,  I love seeing all those kids jump up and scream for shows

The performers love it too! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I wonder if it has to do with location. I don't know of too many major band programs in the Killeen/Belton area. IMO this show should be moved to the Austin/Round Rock area if they want to attract more responsive crowds.

Or maybe it's just really freakin hot for fans jammed in seats.

• Like 1

I missed Blue Stars' show earlier because of a phone call, but it sounds like they have a cool musical program. Those dotted-eighth/sixteenths in Romeo and Juliet are triggering me, though.

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

I love those kids.  When they held that show in Normal, Illinois at Illinois State, I went every year.  Such unbridled enthusiasm! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

It seemed like a very flat reaction from the crowd for Crown. But I just saw it on line. For the quality of what they just put on the field it seemed subdued. 

I believe the novelty is wearing off. 

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I wonder if it has to do with location. I don't know of too many major band programs in the Killeen/Belton area. IMO this show should be moved to the Austin/Round Rock area if they want to attract more responsive crowds.

I didn't see the show. But I wonder if it has anything to do with mic placement or whatever Flo did when they broadcast it?

Just now, LabMaster said:

Or maybe it's just really freakin hot for fans jammed in seats.

That too, perhaps.

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I love those kids.  When they held that show in Normal, Illinois at Illinois State, I went every year.  Such unbridled enthusiasm! 

It's great to see...I mean sure, it's gotten on my nerves in the past when they scream for every chord that's played, but there's nothing wrong with that kind of excitement!

• Like 2