DCI North Texas, Denton, TX - July 20th

1 minute ago, pudding said:

Now that I take a closer look, I disagree with the Rep numbers for all three Music captions; Bloo is not getting enough credit for their rep, though I think that their execution scores are a bit high. SCV over Bloo in Music Analysis Rep? In Percussion Rep? 

Yes. SCV has the most demanding show this year, musically and visually (including color guard). They are getting rewarded in content as they should be.

kpX0Zkl.jpg

Hey guys. I got phantom, cadets, scv, bc, and cavies. Messed up on Bk :(

videos should be up on YT later this morning. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pudding said:

Now that I take a closer look, I disagree with the Rep numbers for all three Music captions; Bloo is not getting enough credit for their rep, though I think that their execution scores are a bit high. SCV over Bloo in Music Analysis Rep? In Percussion Rep? 

Bloo has the much more enjoyable and entertaining show, but I do agree with the judges that SCV has the more demanding music (and visual) book

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Bloo has the much more enjoyable and entertaining show, but I do agree with the judges that SCV has the more demanding music (and visual) book

Well, I agree that Bloo's show is super entertaining, but I also love SCV's show, and to me it is more entertaining than Bloo's. I've watched SCV on video at least 50 times and I always see something new - there is just so much going on and it has so much depth. To each his own, which is why GE isn't based on being the crowd favorite. The top 4 really have spectacular shows this year, but IMO SCV has outdone everyone.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gabe211 said:

kpX0Zkl.jpg

Hey guys. I got phantom, cadets, scv, bc, and cavies. Messed up on Bk :(

videos should be up on YT later this morning. 

Nice!! Thank you

3 minutes ago, insideout said:

Again, I don't understand the Cascades scoring lower than Genesis. They refined it and changed the ending. 

Different shows. Let's see how Saturday goes first...

• Like 1

Decent start for Guardians.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well, I agree that Bloo's show is super entertaining, but I also love SCV's show, and to me it is more entertaining than Bloo's. I've watched SCV on video at least 50 times and I always see something new - there is just so much going on and it has so much depth. To each his own, which is why GE isn't based on being the crowd favorite. The top 4 really have spectacular shows this year.

The reason I said Bloo has the more entertaining show than SCV is based on comparing crowd responses, not talking about scoring or GE at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Visually I'll grant you (although barely). Musically I disagree entirely. Bloo's Zappa book alone is more intricate than SCV's entire brass book, and from a holistic perspective Bloo's ensemble demands are greater than SCV's, which are (mostly) just chords and rips interspersed between 5 five million battery breaks. The only real change they made this year was going from "SCV's Battery and Friends" to "SCV's Battery Plus a Small Horn Ensemble and Friends".

Edited by pudding
  • Like 2