DCI North Texas, Denton, TX - July 20th

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Cascades seem to be really stagnating score  wise for a little while now...have they recently made show changes that need to be ironed out?  Are problem areas not being addressed? 

Yes they made changes and they are addressing all problem areas. Score wise, yes, and I do not understand it, as stated above. Is it clean? No, they have work to do and are working on it. They are well aware. I'm no judge but I feel as if the Cascades are just getting a raw deal here.

which leads me into saying, the focus on these threads are always top 12. What about the "lower" ranked corps? Sad to see them get ignored in lieu of the top 12.

16 minutes ago, insideout said:

which leads me into saying, the focus on these threads are always top 12. What about the "lower" ranked corps? Sad to see them get ignored in lieu of the top 12.

As a fan of a lower tiered corps I must agree.  No one really pays attention.  In the past I have tried to generate discussion regarding changes, scores, visuals, etc. - trying to generate buzz.  No one bites so I've given up.  When a corps makes a big jump, like Mandarins did this year, THEN they get noticed.  Until that happens, the lower placing corps are just place holders - at least here on DCP.  

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

As a fan of a lower tiered corps I must agree.  No one really pays attention.  In the past I have tried to generate discussion about show changes, scores, visuals, etc about lower corps up against each other.  No one bites so I've given up.  When a corps makes a big jump, like Mandarins did this year, THEN they get noticed.  Until that happens, the lower placing corps are just place holders - at least here on DCP.  

I am a fan of a lot of lower corps,  SoA being my choice.

1 minute ago, Crown1253 said:

I am a fan of a lot of lower corps,  SoA being my choice.

Spirit gets more love than most in the same range.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, luv4corps said:

Spirit gets more love than most in the same range.  

Yup. You don't see much hype about OC or the Cascades. You see more hype right now about Genesis since it is their first year in WC. I feel it's marginally sad. Maybe even disrespectful, it's almost as if most people write off the lower corps.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, insideout said:

Yup. You don't see much hype about OC or the Cascades. You see more hype right now about Genesis since it is their first year in WC. I feel it's marginally sad. Maybe even disrespectful, it's almost as if most people write off the lower corps.

One word. Bandwagons.

Some news coverage from the show last night. Featuring Seattle Cascades, Spirit of Atlanta, and the Bluecoats in the reporter's background.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Some news coverage from the event last night in Denton. Featuring Seattle Cascades, Spirit of Atlanta, and the Bluecoats in the background.

I love how at the end of the video you just hear the trumpet going ham.

21 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Some news coverage from the show last night. Featuring Seattle Cascades, Spirit of Atlanta, and the Bluecoats in the reporter's background.

very nicely presented. 

1 hour ago, Crown1253 said:

One word. Bandwagons.

I dunno if it's that for everyone, honestly. I was initially attracted to this activity due to the high level of execution from the top corps. That's what drum corps is to me. I appreciate the lower tier corps for introducing younger members to the activity and grooming them for the future, but if I'm being honest I'm still showing up for the top 8 or so.

You know, the corps that the kids in the lower corps hope to march next year. :12_slight_smile:

• Like 1