The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

12 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Here are the locations of Legends' remaining shows, and the distance from their home, which is Kalamazoo:

Plainwell, MI --- 15 miles

Cape Girardeau, MO -- 511 miles

Metamora, IL -- 285 miles

White Lake, MI -- 137 miles

Waukesha, WI -- 263 miles

Sheffield, PA -- 430 miles

Avon Lake, OH -- 251 miles

Michigan City, IN -- 92 miles

Indianapolis, IN -- 244 miles

If they can't raise all they need, maybe they can cut some of the longer drives.

A few years ago, Raiders posted a note to their members publicly, telling them that if they didn't pay their outstanding dues, the corps would not make the trip to championships. Apparently the membership responded, because they were at Michigan City and Indianapolis, and they're still in operation. What Legends has done here is a version of the same thing, in my opinion.

But do we know that there's any danger of anyone being stranded?

Again I love ya NE, but place this in context with the likes of Teal, Revolution, Lone Star, all who actually stranded kids out on the road even after getting some donations with heartfelt pleas.  The best interest of these youth is Not in providing them with the hopeful experience of possible performance in the next few weeks, but in actually looking out for their well-being!!  The kids can hate an adult who cuts the tour short, but at least that adult is more concerned about food, water, medical, transportation, housing, and staying financially solvent than their performance experience!

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WaxDCIFan said:

I won't go into too much detail here (it would be better done over a beer), but I'll tell you the "formal vetting process" by DCI is a good one focused on financial stability, safety, etc.  I was flipping flapjacks in the food trailer when Dan Atchison came by to see our food operation.

But the real obstacle is the vote by the existing WC corps (the BoD) on adding another corps.  And that's the point where it was crystal clear that it came down to gate fees and sharing the wealth.  There was substantial discussion about Genesis' ability to draw fans, bring income so as not to "take away" from the other corps.  Sadly, the real behind the scenes discussion was mostly about the big corps pocketbooks, not kids safety.  Sorry to share that gloomy reality.

(By clicking "like this", I meant I like that you had the courage to post it... not that I like the BoD attitude.)

• Like 1

Is their issue $100k NOW or we can't finish tour, or $100k NOW or we fold? One of these scenarios I can see a plausible explanation for, the other, not so much. 

Edited by JKT90

4 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

(By clicking "like this", I meant I like that you had the courage to post it... not that I like the BoD attitude.)

I'm not usually short on courage, just normally short on common sense.

But thanks :-)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Here are the locations of Legends' remaining shows, and the distance from their home, which is Kalamazoo:

Plainwell, MI --- 15 miles

Cape Girardeau, MO -- 511 miles

Metamora, IL -- 285 miles

White Lake, MI -- 137 miles

Waukesha, WI -- 263 miles

Sheffield, PA -- 430 miles

Avon Lake, OH -- 251 miles

Michigan City, IN -- 92 miles

Indianapolis, IN -- 244 miles

If they can't raise all they need, maybe they can cut some of the longer drives.

A few years ago, Raiders posted a note to their members publicly, telling them that if they didn't pay their outstanding dues, the corps would not make the trip to championships. Apparently the membership responded, because they were at Michigan City and Indianapolis, and they're still in operation. What Legends has done here is a version of the same thing, in my opinion.

But do we know that there's any danger of anyone being stranded?

I agree.  It would probably be prudent for them attend their local home show tomorrow, withdraw from the Cape Girardeau & Metamora shows, go to their "other" home show in White Lake, & withdraw from the Waukesha & Sheffield shows.  And then "only IF they have enough money to get them through Championships and back home safely with money to spare", should they attempt to go to Avon Lake, Michigan City & Indy.

1 minute ago, JKT90 said:

Is their issue $100k NOW or we can't finish tour, or $100k NOW or we fold?

To me that is irrelevant.  What is relevant to me is the current status of the well-being of the youth, not the current financial status of the corps.

Just now, Stu said:

To me that is irrelevant.  What is relevant to me is the current status of the well-being of the youth, not the current financial status of the corps.

I agree with you, and your others posts here, was curious if this was coming off tour or going out of business.