The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Maybe, maybe not, but if they need $100,000 in 24 hours they are in deep, deep, doo-doo.

Possibly. So was Arizona Theatre Company two years ago when they announced they needed $2 million, in four days, in order to keep their doors open and produce their 50th anniversary season. They raised the money. Management changes followed. They're still going. Arizona is better for it. If they had folded, a replacement of equivalent quality would not emerge for some time. Likewise if Legends goes under, albeit on a smaller scale. Clearly they need to make some drastic changes. But their survival becomes much harder if they shut down now.

3 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

It's the point he made. I'm just pointing out that 95% of the corps out there now wouldn't be on tour right now under that model.

I agree that waiting until the last 24 hours before begging for $100K is irresponsible. Unless you have been involved in the day-to-day operations of the corps, there's no proof of whether getting to this point was the cause of other irresponsible actions, bad luck, or a combination of those and other factors, and to play Captain Hindsight without knowing all the details is in no way, shape, or form constructive.

I can agree with your points but I also see the position of stu. 

No matter what. and I don't mean this in a condescending way - They (Legeneds) need to step back and take an assessment of their position. Regardless of the money is there or not. Just make plans and make them sound. 

NO ONE including STU by his own words WANT to see them go away. 

For me that is the goal of the TOC / G7 maffia   it makes this stuff more up front. More personal. 

NOTE TO LEGENDS MM and support staff. KEEP YOUR SPIRIT UP AND MOVE FORWARD but not WITHOUT A PLAN. Do what you have to do to show up in INDY. BUT MAKE A PLAN. 

6 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

But going by what you said, The Academy shouldn't have toured at all that year. I agree Mark Richardson is a fantastic director, but what Academy did and what you've been saying are two different things.

No, what Mark did and what Ibe are two vastly different things. If Academy had not taken the hiatus they would have likely gone over budget compared to what was projected; but it was the budget possibly going into the red not the corps' actual in the bank bottom line.  However, Ibe has apparently placed the entire corps in the bank bottom line in the red.

Edited by Stu

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

And shows out on the road where an organization is responsibility of providing youth with food, water, transportation, housing, medical, etc...must be, need to be, have to be, canceled beforehand if funding does not materialize prior to going out on the road even on a first tour!

Again, you have no proof that Legends hasn't taken its members well-being seriously.They need this $100,000 to finish their season; we have no reason to think that they didn't have the funds they needed to keep everyone safe through the first half.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

And shows out on the road where an organization is responsibility of providing youth with food, water, transportation, housing, medical, etc...must be, need to be, have to be, canceled beforehand if funding does not materialize prior to going out on the road even on a first tour!

YES. exactly. 

Hey is there a first tour any longer/anymore? 

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Again, you have no proof that Legends hasn't taken its members well-being seriously.They need this $100,000 to finish their season; we have no reason to think that they didn't have the funds they needed to keep everyone safe through the first half.

Ever a day we need cook industries or circle K . 

Not good when this sorta thing goes down. 

6 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I respect Legends a great deal.  This sucks.  Hope they reach their goal.

Me too. I'm saddened the Corps Director got his Corps in such a quagmire. They should never have taken the kids out on tour without adequate financial reserves to handle unforseen emergencies. But I cut him some slack at the moment as he's in such a desperate financial straits, and can feel his pain. I hope they make it too. Hate to see this repeated over and over again like this... and for decades, as one Corps after another falls by the wayside thru financial mismanagement.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Stu said:

No, what Mark did and what Ibe are two vastly different things. If Academy had not taken the hiatus they would have gone over budget compared to what was projected; the budget would have gone in the red but not the corps actual in the bank bottom line.  However, Ibe has apparently placed the entire corps in the bank bottom line in the red.

I wasn't talking about Ibe or Legends. I was talking about how you said if those funds aren't there the year before, the corps should not tour. Now that Legends are in this position, I honestly feel they should get through their home show, keep up weekend rehearsals, and see if they can scrape enough together to at least get the corps to Michigan City/Indy in August.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

A desperate plea for an immediate $100,000 in 24 hours, not based on a catastrophic event but off of poor planning, is to me not taking the well-being of the youth seriously.