The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

Just now, BRASSO said:

Me too. I'm saddened the Corps Director got his Corps in such a quagmire. They should never taken the kids out on tour without adequate financial reserves to handle unforseen emergencies. But I cut him some slack at the moment as he's in such a desperate financial straits, and can feel his pain. I hope they make it too. Hate to see this repeated over and over again like this... and for decades, as one Corps after another falls by the wayside thru financial mismanagement.

Well there is the hope the kids and support can pull it together and still get on with tour. Maybe not go to everything? Do they get a fine if a no show? I think they do as I remember skyriders and the great bus excursion of 87 comes to mind were fined for missing shows. 

But it would be good for them to show up at Indy and a few shows before that. 

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I wasn't talking about Ibe or Legends. I was talking about how you said if those funds aren't there the year before, the corps should not tour. Now that Legends are in this position, I honestly feel they should get through their home show, keep up weekend rehearsals, and see if they can scrape enough together to at least get the corps to Michigan City/Indy in August.

Again, look at the model Mark has set up with the Academy concerning what I mean by having funds secured beforehand.

In 15 hours, they've raised $41,600. So they're on track to reach $66K today. I agree with those people who would like to know exactly what the consequences of falling short will be. Do Open Class corps make money at Open Class shows? If they pull out of one or more performances, how much if anything will that cost them?

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

A desperate plea for an immediate $100,000 in 24 hours, not based on a catastrophic event but off of poor planning, is to me not taking the well-being of the youth seriously.

You keep repeating this and forgetting (or omitting) that this is only your opinion!

Stop chastising the director with no knowledge of the facts on the ground!

I thought we went over this already!

You are making some very serious contentions about a very well-respected director.

Please, stop Stu.  You're not helping.

• Like 4

Someone just dropped almost $20,000 dollars into the fund. Total is now over $63,000.

EDIT: ####. Ninja'd again! :laughing:

Edited by MotoSurfBass
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

You keep repeating this and forgetting (or omitting) that this is only your opinion!

Stop chastising the director with no knowledge of the facts on the ground!

I thought we went over this already!

You are making some very serious contentions about a very well-respected director.

Please, stop Stu.  You're not helping.

You know he will not stop.

If Legends had a dollar for every time Stu did this, they would meet all their fundraising goals.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

A desperate plea for an immediate $100,000 in 24 hours, not based on a catastrophic event but off of poor planning, is to me not taking the well-being of the youth seriously.

What you're basically saying is that Legends should have told prospective members last year that there was a chance they might not get to do a full tour, if sufficient funds weren't raised by a certain date. I actually agree with that. Of course, Legends would have to reduce their membership rates, or guarantee a partial refund. Which would have required them to raise even more money. The corps got some 'splainin' to do. But surely they know there's no way they can ever successfully make a request like this again. And they do seem prepared to take drastic steps if they can't get what they need now, steps that would assure members' safety.

Then after that, they need to step back and regroup. But I want them to get that opportunity.

• Like 1

Wow. Someone's a hero today.

• Like 2