The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

First things first.   Help bail the Legends out and save the season for ONE HUNDRED FORTY-SEVEN members!

I gave.  

We can all analyze the reasons the Legends got to this point.  But we have a more immediate need at this point to help salvage what has been an excellent Open Class corps.   

There will be time to assess how little DCI does  for Open Class - from lack of contest money at Open Class shows, to the ever-demanding need to have a solid business model, revenue streams, and money manageement.   

But for now, WE have the chance to help.   Sacrafice this weekend's movie ticket and dinner money to help a corps within an activity we all have a passion for.   There is so much in life we have little to no control over - this is NOT one of them.  

Help, give, support!

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Then after that, they need to step back and regroup. But I want them to get that opportunity.

Seriously, this should be the beginning and the end of ANY discussion concerning Legends right now.

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

First things first.   Help bail the Legends out and save the season for ONE HUNDRED FORTY-SEVEN members!

I gave.  

We can all analyze the reasons the Legends got to this point.  But we have a more immediate need at this point to help salvage what has been an excellent Open Class corps.   

There will be time to assess how little DCI does  for Open Class - from lack of contest money at Open Class shows, to the ever-demanding need to have a solid business model, revenue streams, and money manageement.   

But for now, WE have the chance to help.   Sacrafice this weekend's movie ticket and dinner money to help a corps within an activity we all have a passion for.   There is so much in life we have little to no control over - this is NOT one of them.  

Help, give, support!

The drum corps community can do this!   I know it!!!!!!!!!!

Go Legends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkippyBiff said:

Curious what a Legend MM pays per season.  As a BAC parent, I paid about $3,500 this season and last, plus other expenses I.e. Their trips to, as they say, Wally World (Walmart).

It is a financial hardship for many corps members. Of course assistance is available.

All that to say, would be a shame to end season early for those MM's with that much financial outlay.

I cannot remember what the exact amount was, however I do know that my student was offered contracts in both Legends and PR.  PR was less expensive and that's where he is today.  PR was a better fit for him although he had a good experience at the fall camp with Legends.

3 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Wow. Someone's a hero today.

seems so. 

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Wow. Someone's a hero today.

Richard Baumann donated $20,070.00

Hope this helps! Jacob Staker me and Nana are so proud of all you have accomplished! YOU GO JAKE!! Love Nana Katie and Grandpa Dick

11 minutes ago

Give this man a god ###### medal.

Edited by MotoSurfBass
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, garfield said:

You keep repeating this and forgetting (or omitting) that this is only your opinion! Stop chastising the director with no knowledge of the facts on the ground! I thought we went over this already! You are making some very serious contentions about a very well-respected director. Please, stop Stu.  You're not helping.

I agree with you, but I can appreciate where Stu is coming from. Sodawalla made a huge ask of the drum corps community, and a more detailed explanation should be forthcoming. But it's gratifying that a lot of people are giving him the benefit of the doubt. And it may be that lots of people giving $50 or $100 so that the campaign reached $40K+ in 15 hours helped convince that recent large donor that this was a cause that people believed in.

Just now, garfield said:

I'm curious from those promoting bailing out the corps...

Aren't you just enabling bad management by doing so?

I think so. 

At this point my contribution was made purely to see the corps make it to the end of the season. 

Then someone needs to take a look at the activity and decide what the plan will be for the future. It has to be a real plan.