The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

1 minute ago, Ms.L said:

I cannot remember what the exact amount was, however I do know that my student was offered contracts in both Legends and PR.  PR was less expensive and that's where he is today.  PR was a better fit for him although he had a good experience at the fall camp with Legends.

Which is exactly one of the chief discussions in the halls of DCI: The more financially-stable corps can supplement member dues and make smaller WC and OC corps look like an unattractive option for a talented player when the smaller org can use the talent more than the top-tier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm curious from those promoting bailing out the corps...

Aren't you just enabling bad management by doing so?

I'm bailing out the kids. For this season only. It's up to management to FITFO after that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Richard Baumann donated $20,070.00

Hope this helps! Jacob Staker me and Nana are so proud of all you have accomplished! YOU GO JAKE!! Love Nana Katie and Grandpa Dick

11 minutes ago

Give this man a god dammed medal.

That's WHAT I SAY! . 

WTF GO GRANDPA MA AND DAD. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

I hope not. From my first posts in this thread, I've said that, once they solve this immediate problem, they need to put everything on the table, including the possibility of changing directors.

• Like 1

Just now, MotoSurfBass said:

I'm bailing out the kids. For this season only. It's up to management to FITFO after that.

GOOD FOR YOU. HOLD THEM TO A PLAN for the FUTURE. 

18 minutes ago, garfield said:

You keep repeating this and forgetting (or omitting) that this is only your opinion!

Stop chastising the director with no knowledge of the facts on the ground!

I thought we went over this already!

You are making some very serious contentions about a very well-respected director.

Please, stop Stu.  You're not helping.

My opinion was this was likely not an unexpected catastrophic event but poor planning. Stated for the record.

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

Perhaps.   On the other hand, a "bail out" should also have consequences.   Those consequences should be oversight, guidance, and even control if necessary, to ensure sustainability.  

The other thing is that each time something like this happens, it serves as a case study that, if used properly, can help avoid a similar occurrence down the road.  

We don't have the facts - perhaps DCI Open Class and/or the Legends knows - who knows?  But in order to even get there, this corps can be salvaged (hopefully).  $100k, as much as it is, is far less than the hole the Glassmen were in when they folded.  And besides, the corps is in the middle of the tour season (currently in Alabama) and even if they were to fold, would incure expenses of getting everyone back.

This is, even though a daunting task, can be solved.   The alternative is to just let them fold.   There's enough of us out there who can help save this one.    I, for one, decided to help.  

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:

My opinion was this was likely not an unexpected catastrophic event but poor planning. Stated for the record.

You should state in on their record, too. They have a spot where you can comment without donating, if it would really kill you.

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

Along the lines of management efficiency, it is curious to me that on the donation page, a $5000 donation comes with a 5% fee to the corps.  I wonder why they're using Classy instead of a simple Paypal account which only charges 2.7%.

Their $100m goal will only net $95m, $2,300 less than if they were using Paypal.

Splitting hairs, I know, but that "savings" is enough to almost pay the tour fees of an exceptional member.

Just now, garfield said:

Along the lines of management efficiency, it is curious to me that on the donation page, a $5000 donation comes with a 5% fee to the corps.  I wonder why they're using Classy instead of a simple Paypal account which only charges 2.7%.

Their $100m goal will only net $95m, $2,300 less than if they were using Paypal.

Splitting hairs, I know, but that "savings" is enough to almost pay the tour fees of an exceptional member.

When you donate, you have the option of incurring that fee yourself.   Which is what I did.   You do not have to pass that fee on the corps.

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

• Like 1