The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

17 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

There's another point mentioned in the explanation on that site that seems to have been overlooked so far. I put quote again below, with my emphasis.

So they spent the money that they needed to keep the members safe. But that was money they had originally planned to use to finish out the season. They tried some separate fundraising campaigns to pay for those expenses, but those fell short, so they made this urgent pitch, which looks likely to get them close to where they need to be.

A wise organization should definitely budget for a certain amount of upkeep and maintenance every year. Apparently they didn't. That was a mistake. Probably they hoped before the season that these vehicles would get through one more year without these replacements and repairs. They need to address those issues moving forward.

After they get through the season. Which a lot of drum corps fans today are helping them do.

What they need to really understand is that is not a hardship...it is the cost of doing business, and drum corps is a business. That is an expected cost and should be planned for...hopefully, lesson learned going forward. Things break...

44 minutes ago, BlueByYou2000 said:

Probably silly questions but, if you need 100k within a 24 hour period is it for debt? Or to continue the tour? Let's say they get to $85k, do they fold? What if 15k trickles in after the 24 hours is up? Then, if it's for debt what money do they use to finish tour? Or if it's to finish the tour, certainly the 100k isn't due tomorrow because they have yet to purchase food/beverage/misc.  See where I'm going here? Im I'm a position to donate, but would like more clarification and need to know there is a plan in place to insure a successful finish to there season. I'm missing too many details to just shell out the clams without knowing more. Someone please enlighten me.  

I would imagine it is a deadline that they would need to make the decision to be able to get the kids home and unwind the season, given daily expenses. So funds on hand which go down each day during the current tour 

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I would imagine it is a deadline that they would need to make the decision to be able to get the kids home and unwind the season, given daily expenses. So funds on hand which go down each day during the current tour 

(To me) he came across in the video as someone who was hitting a rather hard deadline with desperation, maybe  where trailers and equipment had to be paid off in 24 hours or they would be repossessed. Or something like that.

Edited by Stu

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

(To me) he came across in the video as someone who was hitting a rather hard deadline with desperation, maybe  where trailers and equipment had to be paid off in 24 hours or they would be repossessed. Or something like that.

Usually there's a cash flow and you have the daily plan so you know the cash on hand vs what's needed to tour the next 21 days. I would imagine the influx of cash would allow THAT

assuming they get enough to make that happen then they can put another campaign in place once home to retire some debt and restructure expenses going forward 

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Usually there's a cash flow and you have the daily plan so you know the cash on hand vs what's needed to tour the next 21 days. I would imagine the influx of cash would allow THAT

assuming they get enough to make that happen then they can put another campaign in place once home to retire some debt and restructure expenses going forward 

I'm wondering why so many here speak of debt.  I've never seen debt of this level in an OC corps.

I'll go check, but I don't think it's a debt call.  I think it's an internally decided date to instill urgency.

But we'll see...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, garfield said:

I'm wondering why so many here speak of debt.  I've never seen debt of this level in an OC corps.

I'll go check, but I don't think it's a debt call.  I think it's an internally decided date to instill urgency.

But we'll see...

Buses alone run 90k...they don't care what the corps classification is. It could be that, and wouldn't be the first I've heard of it. My instinct says it's to finish tour...

The most recent 990 from 2012 showed that they did take on about $175m in debt in that year so it is not then out of line to presume that they might have taken on debt.

Again, speculation only.  I'm confident that some news will come out clarifying the issue.

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

At 5 p.m. (EDT), they were pretty much right at $74,000. I believe the campaign started at 11 p.m., which means they need to raise another $26K in six hours.

Since setting and meeting benchmarks is just what Legends needs to do to avoid finding themselves in this position ever again (because they'll never get this kind of support a second time), we may as well note where they need to be for the rest of the evening (all times are Eastern):

6 p.m. -- $78,333

7 p.m. -- $82,666

8 p.m. -- $86,999

9 p.m. -- $91,333

10 p.m. -- $95,667

11 p.m. -- $100,000

Actuals vs. Budget:

6 p.m. -- $76,420 (-$1,913)

7 p.m. -- $78,829 (-$3,837)

8 p.m. -- $80,301 (-$6,698)