The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

At $86.5K with a half-hour to go.

2 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I just gave.  I'd like to see them plan better of course, but I'm sure they know that.  

Besides, who wouldn't want to be a part of seeing this succeed? 

You're right on both points. 

Regarding being part of this, YES.    Often times we are asked to support stuff that we don't always see the fruits of our giving efforts.    Not the case here.  

There are 147 kids on tour tonight that will benefit immediately from every dollar we give!

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Why do people keep saying they are in Alabama? The schedule says they are in Oxford, OH today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

At 5 p.m. (EDT), they were pretty much right at $74,000. I believe the campaign started at 11 p.m., which means they need to raise another $26K in six hours.

Since setting and meeting benchmarks is just what Legends needs to do to avoid finding themselves in this position ever again (because they'll never get this kind of support a second time), we may as well note where they need to be for the rest of the evening (all times are Eastern):

6 p.m. -- $78,333

7 p.m. -- $82,666

8 p.m. -- $86,999

9 p.m. -- $91,333

10 p.m. -- $95,667

11 p.m. -- $100,000

Actuals vs. Budget:

6 p.m. -- $76,420 (-$1,913)

7 p.m. -- $78,829 (-$3,837)

8 p.m. -- $80,301 (-$6,698)

9 p.m. -- $82,754 (-$8,579)

10 p.m. -- $85,269 (-$10,398)

11 p.m. -- $87,315 (-$12,685)

It looks like you can still give, but the 24 hrs. being up, I'm going to stop reporting the totals.

2 minutes ago, DAvery said:

Why do people keep saying they are in Alabama? The schedule says they are in Oxford, OH today.

I'd say mixing it up with Oxford, MS, but even that doesn't make sense.

That said, I never thought to check their tour schedule. I'd been assuming they were already back in the Kalamazoo, given their home show tomorrow, but I guess they stopped about halfway back from their Knoxville performance.

14 minutes ago, DAvery said:

You are correct.   I looked at the schedule incorrectly.  They are at Metamora, IL tonight.    

Fixed it!

Still, they're on tour. 147 members that will be touched in so many ways by the community's support.

Almost $88,000.   $12,000 to go with 41 minutes left.

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I would not be upset if they ultimately chose to sit out a year to regroup and refresh the organization. Both the Troopers and Seattle Cascades did this in 2006 and 2008 respectively, and look where they are now.

Spirit sat out in 1994 to financially regroup, came back in 1995, and was in top 12 from 2002 - 2007.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stu said:

If it is not a hard deadline the other option is extreme emotional manipulation;..... ok; you may be on to something here.

I have been a fan of dcp for quite some time. I don't post a lot but I follow many of you and respect all of your opinions and love to be part of this community that shares my passion for Drum Corps. Some of the comments just make me sad. Stu, your take on this whole thing is beyond cynicatl. These eare still people's lives. If you have such an issue with him call his cell phone. Don't impune his character just because you assume the facts are incorrect.  From what I've read on many different places he's also the Chairman of the Open Class corps and I'm sure it took him quite a bit to send that message. If you want to believe the worst go ahead - part of what I like about this activity is it brings out the best in people so I will continue to honor that.  

Edited by Fangirl71
  • Like 4