The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

8 hours ago, George Dixon said:

You're a jerk. Just a tip from me

Name calling isn't allowed here Mr. Founder

• Like 2

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I bet it was Ream. I have no guesses as to the author of the other comment.

Nope. I heard about it long before I logged in here and saw Stu being Stu

• Like 1

I understand the unexpected. But this appears to be something completely different. No well-managed organization on the planet pipes up with "We need $100K in 24 hours or we fold." Instead, that means they let things slide until it hit critical mass and then shot up a flare. 

To me, it seems as if the board consensus is to give money to make sure the kids enjoy their tour rather than bail out the corps director over his lack of planning. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Name calling isn't allowed here Mr. Founder

Correct I went back and removed it

i should have better explained my opinion 

he was being unhelpful, judgmental, jumping to conclusions, and more than a bit irresponsible 

this is/was a 17 year organization needing our help 

the reason so many lept into action is clear, over the years the director has built many positive relationships and mad respect

what Stu was doing in this thread (and a couple others) is akin to arriving at a fundraiser for a family who lost all their possessions in a house fire and announcing over and over that no one should donate because they should have saved more money thru the years in their rainy day fund

at some point in everyone's life cycle, even those of drum corps, advice is not needed, HELP is

thats all!

I'm delighted so many less judgemental and caring individuals have to the campaign. There's still time to give if you haven't already 

seems from an outsider perspective they've received enough funds to satisfy their immediate your needs and get everything safely home

then the real work begins, time for them to redouble their fundraising efforts and make some tough choices to better align their expenses to their income. Perhaps a smaller corps or shorter tour for a year or two, perhaps better fundraising, another giving program drive, probably a combination so the organization is able to provide a wonderful experience to members for years to come

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

i should have better explained my opinion 

he was being unhelpful, judgmental, jumping to conclusions, and more than a bit irresponsible 

this is/was a 17 year organization needing our help 

the reason so many lept into action is clear, over the years the director has built many positive relationships and mad respect

what Stu was doing in this thread (and a couple others) is akin to arriving at a fundraiser for a family who lost all their possessions in a house fire and announcing over and over that no one should donate because they should have saved more money thru the years in their rainy day fund

at some point in everyone's life cycle, even those of drum corps, advice is not needed HELP is

thats all!

I appreciate your point. I really do. But it should have never gotten to this point. $100,000 shortfalls simply do not happen overnight. This was the steady accumulation of problems over time. 

By the way, I went on the Legends website and can't find any trace of a board. Who is paying attention to the money? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stu said:

For the record: the altrusim of those who donated is to be comnended, I am positive that Ibe is a great guy with a great heart so nothing was personal; and it has just been my opinion this was probably good heart emotion driving likely some questionable financial decisions akin to what has happened to many other corps. And if the staff at this corps can learn from the past to make the future better for the youth that would be wonderful. Just wanted to get those toughts out.

I respect your opinions, and I thank you for this post. I can absolutely agree with this.  

I am hoping that there is good news coming out of their home show today.  I'll go back to quietly reading and thank you to all on DCP that always give me great insight, and validate my love for the art and sport of DCI.

Edited by Fangirl71

21 minutes ago, cpg35223 said:

I understand the unexpected. But this appears to be something completely different. No well-managed organization on the planet pipes up with "We need $100K in 24 hours or we fold." Instead, that means they let things slide until it hit critical mass and then shot up a flare. 

To me, it seems as if the board consensus is to give money to make sure the kids enjoy their tour rather than bail out the corps director over his lack of planning. 

Everyone gets that. The planning and forecasting can be reevaluated after they are home. It's public knowledge now that they have a problem, the first step in fixing it has been acccomplished

second step is "get out of crisis mode"

then you make better or different decisions going forward

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cpg35223 said:

I appreciate your point. I really do. But it should have never gotten to this point. $100,000 shortfalls simply do not happen overnight. This was the steady accumulation of problems over time. 

By the way, I went on the Legends website and can't find any trace of a board. Who is paying attention to the money? 

You're stating the obvious 

i don't see the board contact information on their website but they do address the topic. There's a link to send email to their administrator who I'm sure could put you in contact with their board to share concerns and questions 

17 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Dix I forgive ya!   Besides lot's of us on here ARE JERKS...myself included at times...haha

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Gar's not a jerk because people don't agree with him. 

He's a jerk because he's a buckeye.  ;)

Watch it, Mr. Hockey Dad. I am a Buckeye too. :) 

• Like 1