The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

4 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

I am a Buckeye too.

How about a Wolverine?   HAIL! To the Victors

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Dix I forgive ya!   Besides lot's of us on here ARE JERKS...myself included at times...haha

I am at least once a day. I don't think the bourbon was a good idea AFTER the Eddy's Sweet Tea Vodka AFTER the beers last night

Edited by George Dixon

42 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Correct I went back and removed it

i should have better explained my opinion 

he was being unhelpful, judgmental, jumping to conclusions, and more than a bit irresponsible 

this is/was a 17 year organization needing our help 

the reason so many lept into action is clear, over the years the director has built many positive relationships and mad respect

what Stu was doing in this thread (and a couple others) is akin to arriving at a fundraiser for a family who lost all their possessions in a house fire and announcing over and over that no one should donate because they should have saved more money thru the years in their rainy day fund

at some point in everyone's life cycle, even those of drum corps, advice is not needed, HELP is

thats all!

I'm delighted so many less judgemental and caring individuals have to the campaign. There's still time to give if you haven't already 

seems from an outsider perspective they've received enough funds to satisfy their immediate your needs and get everything safely home

then the real work begins, time for them to redouble their fundraising efforts and make some tough choices to better align their expenses to their income. Perhaps a smaller corps or shorter tour for a year or two, perhaps better fundraising, another giving program drive, probably a combination so the organization is able to provide a wonderful experience to members for years to come

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said except calling him a jerk. In 15 years of posting here I've been suspended twice both for name calling. Once towards you. Sure it got me cheered and even free drinks in some circles ( Brasso was the other recipient) I told didn't make it right and you're the first to call out others. 

20 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Watch it, Mr. Hockey Dad. I am a Buckeye too. :) 

We forgave you once you got your shots lol

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I'm not disagreeing with anything you said except calling him a jerk. In 15 years of posting here I've been suspended twice both for name calling. Once towards you. Sure it got me cheered and even free drinks in some circles ( Brasso was the other recipient) I told didn't make it right and you're the first to call out others. 

and I went back and removed the comment and better explained myself. Are we just going in circles now?

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I am at least once a day. I don't think the bourbon was a good idea AFTER the Eddy's Sweet Tea Vodka AFTER the beers last night

Lightweight lol

Just now, George Dixon said:

and I went back and removed the comment and better explained myself. Are we just going in circles now?

Well first circle is playing in my back ground.

and trust me this is classic Stu. He can take any topic way off course with pontification often without basis in fact. If nothing else it drives hits for the site

• Like 1

Legends:   https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

Even though it is over 24 hours, the site is still up and open for donations.  

The total has grown to $92,845.    Folks are still giving.    It's an incredible achievement!!!

Who knows? Perhaps the $100k mark will be hit.   A day late, and, just maybe, no dollars short!!!

A ton of people will be tuned into to drum corps today.  People in the stands in San Antonio - when you visit the souvie stands for a t-shirt or buy a hotdog, popcorn, or a coke, consider a few bucks to the Legends.   Those of us who enjoy today's broadcast on Flo, if you haven't had the chance to go the donation site, consider sending a few bucks to the Legends. If you haven't had the chance to share the link on your social media pages, consider doing so.  

We are all Legends!!!

• Like 1