The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

When you donate, you have the option of incurring that fee yourself.   Which is what I did.   You do not have to pass that fee on the corps.

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

Yes, I know.  I saw it.  But your explanation is not the point.

$2,300 is the point.  $2,300 that went to Classy that would have gone to the corps had they used Paypal.  It doesn't matter who pays for it, does it?  Isn't the expense the point?

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

My opinion was this was likely not an unexpected catastrophic event but poor planning. Stated for the record.

Yes, and it would be appropriate to include the disclaimer in each post your make this claim, wouldn't it?  Instead of relying on readers catching one of your "disclaimer" posts about your opinion.

I'm not reading 20+ pages. They had other campaigns open that made maybe 20 % of goals before the season. I wish we could get yearly totals of donation to corps to show how little some get and that they scrape every penny yo keep operating. It's not your top8 that need the money it's the bottom 8 struggling to stay relevant while no pulling a Glassmen. Glassmen wanted to keep pushing with the electronics and went bankrupt. 

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yes, and it would be appropriate to include the disclaimer in each post your make this claim, wouldn't it?  Instead of relying on readers catching one of your "disclaimer" posts about your opinion.

Point taken, and thank you!

11 minutes ago, garfield said:

Yes, I know.  I saw it.  But your explanation is not the point.

$2,300 is the point.  $2,300 that went to Classy that would have gone to the corps had they used Paypal.  It doesn't matter who pays for it, does it?  Isn't the expense the point?

Sure it's an expense.  Someone is going to pay it - just that I chose to pay it myself instead of having it deducted for the corps.  Is there a better way?  Sure.  But, sometimes you just have to go the path of least resistance.   I'll take Ibe's word at this point that they need the cash in 24 hours and use the donation method that was set up.  Obviously a cash donation directly to the corps would be the best method, but time is of the essence.  And, really, if each donor incurs the expense, it's not a big deal.   I'll gladly accept the fee and be happy I am helping out in a very small way.    

Donating less than what most would spend on a night out will save the Legends.  The payment is small compared to the  joy the activity gives back to most of us - and most importantly to the marching members.

DCI Open Class can fix the financial management of the corps ONLY if there is a corps to fix.   

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Sure it's an expense.  Someone is going to pay it - just that I chose to pay it myself instead of having it deducted for the corps.  Is there a better way?  Sure.  But, sometimes you just have to go the path of least resistance.   I'll take Ibe's word at this point that they need the cash in 24 hours and use the donation method that was set up.  Obviously a cash donation directly to the corps would be the best method, but time is of the essence.  And, really, if each donor incurs the expense, it's not a big deal.   I'll gladly accept the fee andi and be happy I am helping out in a very small way.    

Donating less than what most would spend on a night out will save the Legends.  The payment is small compared to joy the activity gives back.

DCI Open Class can fix the financial management of the corps ONLY if there is a corps to fix.   

Well, expecting financial diligence and then excusing (enabling?) behaviour that takes $ out of either the donor's, or the corps', pockets is not diligent financial management, IMO.

I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but if I dropped $2,300 by Legends' bus, someone would bend down and pick it up, wouldn't they?

If I'm already donating $5,000 to the cause, giving me the "option" to either pay $266 more or charge it to the corps is a bit of a slap in the face, IMO.

But, most people love convenience and Classy is taking advantage of that fact is a very business-like way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

No matter who wins DCI this year, the biggest winner will be the Legends and their members, along with the drum corps community for helping to save this corps.

This can be accomplished!     Impossible, you say?

Are you going to ask me AGAIN if I love you?  (Rolling eyes.)

• Like 2

I donated.  It's unfortunate that Legends finds themselves in this spot.  I know that last year's show was pretty elaborate with props, lights and electronics.  I hope they are keeping reasonable spend in balance with costs as they move forward and I wish them nothing but tremendous success in the future.  

Having marched, then tour directed and supported a newer corps trying to rise in the early 90s (Black Gold), I know first hand how challenging the tightrope is.  I hope the outcome here is another Genesis, Academy or Oregon Crusaders success story - and that the kids have a fantastic experience and come back.

Harvey

• Like 1