The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

2 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

No matter who wins DCI this year, the biggest winner will be the Legends and their members, along with the drum corps community for helping to save this corps.

This can be accomplished!     Impossible, you say?

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

Almost two-thirds of the way there. For an unexpected 24-hour fundraiser, this is pretty impressive. And there's still 7 or so hours to go.

• Like 1

OMG... they are up to nearly $70 grand...

One donation was made of $20 grand on its own.

2 hours ago, afd said:

Yes. I totally agree. 100,000 goal in 24hrs is just not attainable.

Somebody just dropped in over $20,000.  You might be wrong.

• Like 2

So they are at $65k right now... they got up to $35 while a lot of folks were still in bed.. I think they are gonna do this!

6 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

I donated.  It's unfortunate that Legends finds themselves in this spot.  I know that last year's show was pretty elaborate with props, lights and electronics.  I hope they are keeping reasonable spend in balance with costs as they move forward and I wish them nothing but tremendous success in the future.  

Having marched, then tour directed and supported a newer corps trying to rise in the early 90s (Black Gold), I know first hand how challenging the tightrope is.  I hope the outcome here is another Genesis, Academy or Oregon Crusaders success story - and that the kids have a fantastic experience and come back.

Harvey

I'm sure it's not easy always trying to keep pace with a world class corps that happens to be competing in open class every year, too. 

Fingers crossed!!!

I'm not gonna be that guy who goes and blames this on the staff.  I do think this is the problem when people create drum corps.  People dream, but the journey doesnt end when they make their journey a reality.  Nobody should bother making a corps unless they can find someone to handle the financials.  

38 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

I'm not gonna be that guy who goes and blames this on the staff.  I do think this is the problem when people create drum corps.  People dream, but the journey doesnt end when they make their journey a reality.  Nobody should bother making a corps unless they can find someone to handle the financials.  

Absolutely true. In the video, Sodawalla says, I think, that the Legends organization has been around for 17 years. According to CorpsReps this is their 12th year fielding a corps. So they have to have done at least OK with the financials until now. The consensus seems to be that the grew a little too fast and let their success go to their heads. If so, this is not a lesson that they'll have a second chance to learn.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
Typo.
  • Like 1