The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

12 minutes ago, garfield said:

Imagine if you were Ibe, watching.

Or Jim Coates, or Dan Acheson.

True, this is an interesting phenonomon. And I do commend the altruism going on. However, Dan had also better be looking hard, I mean real hard at what caused the need for a desperation appeal to begin with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

True, this is an interesting phenonomon. And I do commend the altruism going on. However, Dan had also better be looking hard, I mean real hard at what caused the need for a desperation appeal to begin with.

Right there with you in all regards, friend.

• Like 1

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

Yikes... I guess that $20k donation was in error.  That's unfortunate, but luckily two anonymous donors totaling $15k have since contributed.

Jake needs to tell his grandpa to check his glasses prescription! 

OMG, that's TOO FUNNY!  No matter how much the final total, this is going to be a great success, and this story is going to be the "crazy zombie", "winking boy" story of corps death and survival.

Hilarious, really.  And impressively fun.

25 minutes ago, Stu said:

Neither of them received anywhere close to this type of response, nor did Teal, Revo, Lone Star, so my question still stands.

Teal, Revo and Lone Star (no disrespect intended to any of those groups btw) had a history of problems and some may say mismanagement... Legends don't. I don't get you Stu.. you almost seem bitter that these guys are probably gonna raise the cash they need? What gives?

Edited by Cainan
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Does DCI require corps to provide them with a copy of their 990s on an ongoing basis? They should.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

OMG, that's TOO FUNNY!  No matter how much the final total, this is going to be a great success, and this story is going to be the "crazy zombie", "winking boy" story of corps death and survival.

Hilarious, really.  And impressively fun.

Agreed, and probably the reason I'm allowing myself to joke about grandpa's error.  I'm confident they're going to have some folks come out of the woodwork throughout the day and make it happen.

I hope the $100K amount was higher than what is actually needed. Hate to see it get to 80-85% and that not be enough. Of course, the final step may be to pass the hat at their home show. I am sure that could bring in another $10K or more. 

Just now, Cainan said:

Teal, Revo and Lone Star (no disrespect intended to any of those groups btw) had a history of problems and some may say mismanagement... Legends don't. I din't get you Stu.. you almost seem bitter that these guys are probably gonna raise the cash they need? What gives?

The fact that their peers are stepping up is telling in regards to the respect and esteem that they hold Legends leadership.

Rick & Debbie Odello donated $500.00

ConneXus Performing Arts Association, Inc. donated $1,000.00

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Cainan said:

Teal, Revo and Lone Star (no disrespect intended to any of those groups btw) had a history of problems and some may say mismanagement... Legends don't. I don't get you Stu ... you almost seem bitter that these guys are probably gonna raise the cash they need? What gives?

Stu is "constant as the northern star."

But unlike those opposed to the person who famously said that (in a play, at least), we needn't get out our knives. After all, without him, this thread is getting half as much attention as it has. "Lean and hungry" though we be, we must use Stu's argument to better our own.

(His arguments are the same as they've always been. I disagree with his position, but he really does mean it when he says he's thinking foremost of the members.)

• Like 1