The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

This is very impressive, DCP. Very impressive!!! 

I wish I kept money in the bank so I could donate, this is incredible!

So excited!  Frankly, I don't care how much came from DCP directly or indirectly.  I'm sure it's had an influence.  I donated because of it, as have others here.  I became aware of it through DCP and as a result have circulated this among my friends as well.

Harvey

9 minutes ago, garfield said:

Wait...

How much of that total do we know came from DCP?

We have no idea. But I think DCP has been a net good for this campaign. My wild guess would be that if not for DCP, the total would be 5%-10% lower.

This has been bothering me since I posted earlier. All these people that have said (here or reddit) "I'm not donating because the staff/board poorly managed " how many times has this happened in 10 years? Never. What about Madison Scouts a couple years ago only staying alive because of the brotherhood? Or spirit last year from their alumni keeping them alive?  World class corps with world class BoD also have these problems. Even if you look outside of band you had the auto industry crumble got some help and came back strong. #### happens and instead of being the one pointing fingers do something to help make it better. 

Go Legends #TeamMitten

I step off my box. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Cainan said:

Teal, Revo and Lone Star (no disrespect intended to any of those groups btw) had a history of problems and some may say mismanagement... Legends don't. I don't get you Stu.. you almost seem bitter that these guys are probably gonna raise the cash they need? What gives?

Bitter, no. Surprised, yes. I guess you missed my post where stated that I do commend the altruism. But what has occurred here is immediate reaction to emotion without much concern for asking what likely got the corps in such dire straights in the first place (catastrophic immediate disaster or gross mismanagement already in play). And when financial info, likely factual, did start rolling in apparently showing it was very poor management for quite a while, just like that with Teal, Revo, Lone Star. But in this case people still overlooked that probable gross mismanagement and have kept on giving. And I find that surprising not bitter.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2