DCA live stream

Will DCA stream anything finals weekend?

Jeff -

My guess is NO live stream DCA this year. At least not with Flo.  The Flo site lists FloMarching events upcoming during the next few months. It lists a ton of BOA events, but no mention of DCA. DCA is essentially 1 month away, so I think something would have been announced by now. There's definitely money to be made via live pay-per-view. Probably not enough projected on the Flo side of the equation. 

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

Jeff -

My guess is NO live stream DCA this year. At least not with Flo.  The Flo site lists FloMarching events upcoming during the next few months. It lists a ton of BOA events, but no mention of DCA. DCA is essentially 1 month away, so I think something would have been announced by now. There's definitely money to be made via live pay-per-view. Probably not enough projected on the Flo side of the equation. 

I think you over estimate DCA's marketing 

The reviews on Flo Max doing  DCI have not been good,Do we need some grade school kids doing DCA?

I know I used Chrome me yesterday and it was better. 

Edited by Jeff Ream
Spelling

Flo did a great job with the stream yesterday. The only complaint i had was one of mic placement. Some folks reported stream interruptions and other issues, but we had none of that, indicating it was not so much a Flo issue but a system or ISP issue on the user's end.

I've watched most of the streams from Flo this summer, and only the TOC show from Broken Arrow had any real issues.

• Like 2

The high camera stream went down for a few minutes during Boston's show--multiple people reported that at the same time. (I was one of them. There was actually a message on Flo's screen saying that the stream had ended. So it was definitely at their end.)

The mulit-cam kept going without interruption, as far as I know.

There were some shows where Flo's microphone placement meant that amplified sounds were close to inaudible.

22 hours ago, Florida Sun said:

The reviews on Flo Max doing  DCI have not been good,Do we need some grade school kids doing DCA?

I switched from Firefox to chrome and I had one little glitch fromSurf to the end.

flo got killed after Tuesday to where dci spoke up loudly. I think it'll go better from here on out. Plus as long as Rochesters wifi holds up unlike 2014, they should be ok 

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I switched from Firefox to chrome and I had one little glitch fromSurf to the end.

flo got killed after Tuesday to where dci spoke up loudly. I think it'll go better from here on out. Plus as long as Rochesters wifi holds up unlike 2014, they should be ok 

Thanks Jeff,sounds like there cleaning up the act,maybe there is hope to see DCA live once again.Been living in Europe since Dec last year ,hope to drive to Holland for the European Drum Corps Championships late Sept. Two day drive up through Serbia ,into Hungray.then Germany into Austria onto Beguim and finnally Holland .26 corps completing in 2 divsions ,7 countrys Should be a great trip and a good show.

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 1