Corps staffers gather: What would you tell them

16 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I don't care if everyone has the same impeccable marching technique from member to member; you must do more to score higher.  I see instance where spacing is horrible, but technique matches from member to member, and BAM! high score.  Bad timing, but same technique, high score.  Out of sync rifle spins, but with same technique...  1st place...  Uniform technique is not the end all and be all, and it never should have been...

Here you go... :12_slight_smile:

Edited by gak27
Dire 3rd party hosting warning

34 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

People who sit in the first 10 rows of any stadium get an earful of "electronic disturbance" these days. I'd suggest restricting bamplification to SINGLE BRASS INSTRUMENT PERFORMANCE and VOCALS only.

But Fred, what are we going to do when all the corps add these because Yamaha and System Bloo told them so. :p

HarpProgramWEB.png

(I know they would be perfect for just that added extra for Cadets' ending this year, right?)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, xandandl said:

But Fred, what are we going to do when all the corps add these because Yamaha and System Bloo told them so. :p

HarpProgramWEB.png

(I know they would be perfect for just that added extra for Cadets' ending this year, right?)

I have no doubt DCI is on a fast track to no limits on what instruments can be used. I predict it will come in fewer than 5 years.

It fits the Music For All mission, and yes, equipment sponsors are a HUGE influence.

42 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Here we go . . . . . . .

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

2 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

I have no doubt DCI is on a fast track to no limits on what instruments can be used. I predict it will come in fewer than 5 years.

It fits the Music For All mission, and yes, equipment sponsors are a HUGE influence.

psst. Fred, technically a harp is a percussion instrument since you pluck the strings. It's already allowed. Just not used because of the humidity factor, the travelling factor, and the color guard would want to hide stuff there like they do with props.

You weren't supposed to tell Hop where i got the photo... that's a nay, not a YEA.

6 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

You know everyone predicted this 5 years ago right?

Also 10 years ago, and 18 years ago, and and and and.........

• Like 1

"Thank you for letting me address you as a group.  And thank you for decades of emotional beauty.

Would you please share how you feel about Drum Corps Planet members second-guessing you, your motivations, and your quality and effectiveness as educators, writers, and designers?

Take your time.  I'll wait."

• Like 4

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

Did you write your Will yet??  

A certain unit has its nooses at the ready and has been known to light a few fires to remove dissidents.

Just think of the added GE!    Think about it, that would be the ultimate in fan engagement!     

- a definite Box 5 / 100 out of 100 - - - PERFECT SCORE!!!      Now, if they could only find the one fan willing give it their all for BAC!!!  LOL

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1